Chapter 7- The Battle of Shuri

(No One's P.O.V.)

Alessa, Jack, Paul, and Mary are still standing at the north side of the village, just barely able to see the dozens and dozens of Grimm running straight toward the village. 

Alessa: Mary, come back with me. Let them deal with it, at least for now. 

Alessa and Mary run back to the house. Jack and Paul stay facing the oncoming Grimm. 

Jack: What do we do? 

Paul: We fight...for as long as can. 

They both unsheathe their swords, looking at each other. They nod, before turning their attention back to the Grimm. The stampeding Grimm get closer and closer. Jack and Paul start running out toward the Grimm, determined and focused. They meet head on with the Grimm, slashing and slicing away. As soon as they kill one Grimm, they immediately move to the next one. Trying their best to keep the Grimm from the village. 

Jack notices a Beowolf that got by them, and he throws his sword at it, which pierces through its back. The Beowolf falls to the ground, dispelling into black smoke. An Ursa barrels through Jack, sending him backflipping into the air, and slamming back on to the ground. The Ursa continues at him, slamming him with its paw, sending him flying to the right, tumbling across the ground. Grimm are running by him toward the village but a lightning strike goes through all of them, turning them into black smoke. Paul them comes slashing through the Ursa that was attacking Jack. 

Mary: Guys! Guys! 

Jack and Paul hear the distant yelling from Mary, turning to see her waving them over. 

Mary: Come back! Come back! 

Jack and Paul start running back, the Grimm close behind them. Jack manages to grab his sword, and a forcefield starts lowering around the village. They start running faster. Mary looks on worried. An Ursa manages to tackle Jack, but he lands closer to the village, the Ursa runs up to him and goes to swing down at him. Jack rolls to the side, kicking the Ursa back. Jack then quickly stands up, grabbing his sword, and he bolts toward the village. Both Paul and Jack get there in time for the forcefield to close behind them, blocking the growling and snarling Grimm behind them. 

Mary: Let's get back to Alessa.

The three of them walk back into the house. Alessa is still at the kitchen table, looking over the pieces of the bomb. 

Alessa: You two okay? 

Jack: As okay as we can be. 

Alessa: I put a forcefield up, it'll hold for as long as we need. But the people are scared, so there's no chance the Grimm are going anywhere. 

Jack: Where'd that forcefield come from? 

Alessa: It's a machine I put out back. I transferred my semblances properties into it, thus allowing it to form a forcefield around the village. 

 Paul: Well, that's actually pretty cool. Were you always so good with stuff like that? 

Alessa: Pretty much. Ever since my second year at Beacon. I was gonna start teaching Mary, but then you two showed up. 

Mary: But that's okay. I like having other people around that are cool. 

Jack: Wait. Could you rebuild that? 

Alessa: Why would I do that. 

Paul: No, wait. I think he's on to something. Hear him out. 

Jack: We could use it to draw the Grimm away. Bring it somewhere out of the village, maybe into the deep woods, or just far away in general. It'll explode and draw the Grimm toward it and away from the village.