Chapter 5

"The Belly Button Ring"

             I was walking towards my third hour class with Addison and Bailey when I heard my name being called. I turned and saw Ryder riding his skateboard towards me. As I looked around I saw everyone staring at us in shock. Our groups usually didn’t mingle.

            “Hey,” he said as he stopped right in front of me.

            “Hey,” I said almost like it was a question.

            “You going to class,” he asked with a smile.

            “Yeah. You?”

            “Same. Here, I’ll walk you to yours,” he said gesturing. I looked at him for another moment before turning and continuing down the hallway. I glanced at Bailey and saw her grinning at me.

            “So can you meet me after school,” Ryder asked me.

            “Why?”

            “It’s for our project,” he said. His grin told me that there was more to it than that though.

            “Sure I guess,” I said warily.

            “Great. Meet me by my truck in the parking lot right after school,” he said as he went to leave. I reached out and grabbed his arm before he could. He looked back at me with a big smile on his face.

            “So it’ll just be me and you this time,” I asked.

            “Yeah. Why?”

            “I’ve just never been alone with you,” I said with a frown.

            “Yes you have,” he said.

            “When?”

            “Saturday. At your house,” he said.

            “Yeah but for just a few minutes,” I said.

            “And this’ll just be for a few hours. I got to go. My class is on the other side of the school,” he said as he saluted me and rode off.

            “He was at your house,” Bailey asked as soon as they left. When I turned to look at her, I saw that her eyes were bugged out of her head.

            “Yeah. He came by Saturday so that we could do something I like to do,” I said with a shrug as we walked into class and sat down.

            “What did you guys do,” Addison asked.

            “We watched TV for a little bit and then we went swimming. Skylar was there to.”

            “I bet she loved him,” Bailey said with a laugh.

            “Oh yeah. Totally star stuck,” I said remembering.