Chapter 16

"Time to Take a Hike"

Samantha’s POV:

            It was Saturday morning and I was on my way to Ryder’s house. It was my turn to pick and I wanted to go on a hike. I loved to hike. I pulled into his driveway and climbed out of the truck. Where I was taking him had rough roads so I had to take the monster of a four wheel drive truck that my dad bought for stuff like this. I walked up to his door and knocked.

            “Hello,” his mother said when she answered the door.

            “Hi. Is Ryder up,” I asked.

            “No. He’s still asleep. Do you need him?”

            “Yes ma’am. It’s my day to pick for our project and I want him to come with me for a hike.”

            “Well you can go up and wake him up. It’s the third door on the left,” she said with a smile as she stepped back. I smiled at her as I walked in and walked up the stairs. I went to the room that she said was his and stopped. I slowly opened the door and had to stop myself from laughing.

            Ryder was laid out on his bed with one leg and one arm thrown over the side. He was only wearing Scooby-doo boxers. His mouth was open and he was snoring lightly. I tip toed over to him and pushed him. He rolled but he didn’t wake up. So with a sigh I reached over and pushed him again.

            “Go away mom,” he mumbled before he put his face into his pillow.

            “I’m not your mom,” I said loudly. It was almost comical to see him jerk up right in bed and stare at me with wide eyes. His hair was sticking up all over his head and made him look crazy.

            “What are you doing in here,” he asked.

            “I came to wake you up,” I said smiling at him.

            “Why,” he asked rubbing his eyes.

            “It’s my day to pick and we need to be heading out.”

            “Where to?”

            “The woods,” I said.

            “Why the woods,” he asked.

            “We’re going on a hike,” I said smiling as I walked over to his closet. I threw it open and grabbed a pair of jeans. “Put these on,” I said as I threw them at him. I saw him catch them before looking down. When he saw his underwear his whole face started blushing.

            “You had to come on the day I was wearing my Scooby-doo boxers” he said as he stood up and pulled his pants on. I looked at his chest and felt like I was gonna start drooling. He had an amazing six pack. His arms were toned and I could see his hip bones. He was extremely hot. I saw him start to look up and quickly looked away.

            “Hurry up and get dressed. We really have to be heading out,” I said. He walked over to where he was right in front of me and stopped. I looked up at the ceiling and felt him staring at me.