Chapter 30

"The Prom"

Samantha’s POV:

          I woke up and felt the smile stretch over my face. Today was the day of Prom. I jumped out of the bed and grabbed my phone. I saw that I already had four messages. Two of them were from Bailey telling me when all of the girls were coming over. One was from Addison asking if Bailey had contacted me yet. I replied to both of them before opening the last one. It was from Ryder and it said:

          ‘Can’t wait for tonight. Also can’t believe that you actually talked me into Prom.’

          I smiled stupidly at my phone before replying and heading out of my room. I saw that my house was empty and walked into the kitchen to make something to eat. The silence was actually really nice. After I grabbed a thing of yogurt I walked into the living room. I turned on the T.V. and finally settled on Degrassi. I loved that show. So much drama in so little time.

            Not five minutes after I settled in I heard my doorbell ring. With an impatient sigh I stood up and walked to my door. When I opened the door I saw Ryder standing on the other side looking sheepishly at me.

            “Hey,” he said with a wave.

            “Hi. What are you doing here,” I asked.

            “Is it weird to say that I missed you,” he said awkwardly.

            “You saw me day before yesterday,” I said with a raised eyebrow.

            “I know but that was too long,” he said with a small frown

            “Who knew you would be so mushy,” I said with a smile.

            “I’m not,” he said looking offended.

            “Who showed up on their girlfriends doorstep early in the morning because he missed her,” I asked laughing.

            “Whatever. Just let me in,” he grumbled.  I opened the door and he walked around me heading towards the living room. I continued to laugh as I followed him. He plopped down on the couch and I sat down beside him. I picked my yogurt back up and started watching the show.

            “Why do you watch this crap,” Ryder asked.

            “I happen to like this show,” I said.

            “Why?”

            “Well there’s drama and then there’s Eli,” I said with a wink.

            “Who’s Eli,” he said with a frown.

            “Him,” I said pointing as Eli walked into the room.

            “You like him,” Ryder asked sounding surprised.

            “Yes. He’s extremely handsome,” I said nodding.