Chapter 9

"Party at my House"

I woke on Saturday morning at nine o’clock.  I jumped straight out of the bed and ran for the shower. I had an hour and a half to get ready. I took a ten minute shower and wrapped a towel around me before starting to blow dry my hair. It took me twenty minutes so I only had an hour left. I ran out of the bathroom and headed back to my room. When I walked in my sister was sitting on my bed.

“Hey,” I said as I walked over to my closet and threw it open.

“What’s up,” she said back. “Where ya going?”

            “Over to Ryder’s house. I have to meet his parents today.”

            “Oh,” she said sadly.

            “What’s wrong,” I asked as I pulled on my short black and white plaid shorts.

            “I was hoping that we could hang out today.”

            “Well do you want to come with me,” I asked her as I pulled on my black I <3 music t-shirt.

            “Can I,” she asked excitedly.

            “Sure. It’s a big party,” I said as I put my shoes on.

            “Awesome,” she said as she jumped off of the bed. She was wearing shorts that actually fit her and a tank top. Her hair was actually brushed right and pulled up into a neat bun. I looked down and saw that her shoes were actually tied and cleaned up.

            “What’s up with you,” I asked her as I gathered my things.

            “What do you mean?”

            “You’re dressed nice and clean and have neat hair,” I said as I slid my phone and some cash into my pocket.

            “I just decided to be neat today,” she said with a shrug.

            “Whatever kiddo. We need to go,” I said as we walked out of my room. We went all the way down stairs and I saw my mom in the parlor.

            “Where are you two going,” mom asked me.

            “We’re going to Ryder’s house,” Skylar said.

            “Really,” she asked with a raised eyebrow. “Why?”

            “It’s my day to meet his parents,” I said.

            “You think you should bring your sister to that?”

            “It’s a big party,” I told her.

            “Oh. Well have fun,” she said.

            “We will,” I told her as I grabbed my keys and we headed out to my car. When we climbed in she instantly went for the radio.

            “So how are you and Ryder doing,” Skylar asked me after a minute.

            “We’re fine,” I said glancing over at her.