Chapter 19

"To the Club"

Ryder’s POV:

            I was dressed and ready to go. My friends had gotten here about ten minutes ago and now we were just waiting for Tyler. He was like a girl with how long it takes him to get ready. Everything had to be absolutely perfect before he would even come out of his room.

            “He’s taking forever,” Zeke complained.

            “He always does,” I told him.

            “Go tell him to hurry up,” Chase said. I stood up with a sigh and started walking to the stairs when he finally came down.

            “Finally,” I said.         

            “Sorry but it takes time to look this good,” he said with a smile.

            “Can we just go,” Chase said as he walked over to us.

            “Yeah,” Tyler said as he grabbed the keys and we all headed out. We climbed into my truck and Tyler pulled out to head towards Demons. It was the only club in town but it was pretty good. It had good music and they wouldn’t check for ids at the door.

            “I hope there’s lots of girls tonight,” Zane said.

            “Why,” I asked.

            “So everyone can hook up,” he said.

            “I’m not for that,” Chase said as he looked out the window.

            “Why not,” I asked him.

            “I like a girl,” he said shrugging. ‘I’m not gonna ruin that by hooking up tonight."

            “Who do you like,” Mason asked him.

            “Bailey,” he said still not looking up at us.

            “She’s pretty cool,” I said. “And I’m with Chase. There is no way in hell I’m hooking up tonight. I can’t take the chance of it getting back to Samantha and it ruining everything I’ve worked for.”

            “Can’t blame ya dude,” Tyler said nodding.

            “I’m just here for the alcohol,” I said laughing.

            “Hell yeah,” Mason said from the back seat.  We all laughed as Tyler pulled into the parking lot. The Bouncer was friends with Tyler so we didn’t have to wait to go in. He just let us straight through.

            When we walked in I could feel the beat of the music in my feet. It was some kind of techno music. Not my favorite but it would have to do. I slowly pushed through people and made my way over to the bar. It took about ten minutes for the bartender to get to me.