I - Weak Hearts & Silly Minds

Dedicated to Kiddo_Star 😘 You know how to make me do things alright. 😂 For you Baccha! And also next few chapters to you becoming a co-author of this.. 😉

*Not Proofread*
*No intro updated as yet*
*Banner to be changed*
*High chances of going under reconstruction once I complete this SS*
*But for now..

Happy Reading...* 😅

~~*~~

||1 - Weak Hearts & Silly Minds||

"We were the best in basketball while at Uni. And we're always a team."

"What was the name we were given in the university as a team?" He wondered thinking hard while she tried to remember too.

"Awesome twosome!!"

"Voila!!" They both grinned lifting their hands to clap a Hi-Fi, the old friendship rekindling. The family just smiled away at the happy friends completely ignoring the thought of one person, not even noticing the absence of her sunny personality among them, who stood hiding behind the kitchen wall, tears being concealed, even as she thought about her husband who started not having time for her now-a-days.

---

"ARNAVJI! ARNAVJI!" Khushi's squeals reached everyone downstairs as they sat talking away. None noticed her absence amidst them.

"Khushi!?" Arnav ran to reach his wife with her voice as his guide. He panicked hearing her shout. Did she fall down? But there was no sound. Or she fell down while walking? Khushi is clumsy. That's a given.

With all the thoughts running in his head he reached his room and rushed to his poolside with the family a minute behind. And what he saw made him halt in his steps as he stood confused on how to react.

There stood Khushi, between his plants looking as fresh as a blooming rose, jumping and clapping like a kid screaming his name and lips stretched wide in glee.

"What happened?" He asked trying to look stern but failing miserably to hide his huge smile. Her smile is infectious.

"This rose here, see." She pulled him along while Arnav complied. All the family stood behind with various expressions. "It blossomed. I told you right it'll listen to me. See, I tended to this one and now it's here."

Arnav couldn't stop his smile as he heard the excitement in her voice. Once on Khushi's nagging requests he explained her process of planting a rose and the tending techniques. Then the very next day she brought a flower pot and planted for a rose. He witnessed her chatting with the rose everyday like it's a person. And once upon his asking of this weird habit of talking to a flower, she said the flower listens. Arnav could do nothing but shake his head at her craziness.

"And you screamed for this?" He asked rather dubiously while even the family understanding the situation left the place to continue with their day with one pair of eyes looking on the happenings with surprise.

Khushi pouted hearing him. She neither noticed the family arriving nor them leaving. It's as if only Arnav is present in her world and no one else. Or rather say, only Arnav mattered.

"Did I disturb you?" Khushi asked in a low voice her sadness palpable. "I'm sorry about it." She tried to walk away from him, her tears barely able to hide behind her lashes.

"Khu..." Arnav started but seeing her head bent low and those tears, which he couldn't help but notice, broke something in his heart. He walked forward and spread his arms around her petite figure, enclosing her in his warm arms. He spoke after dropping a hot kiss at the curve of her neck.