XIII - To Twirl & To Sway

To you Baccha... ElaraGizelle

HAPPY NEW YEAR FAM!! 2021 is here.. may this year be the one which fulfills the plans you had for 2020. xD

And also.. on the ocassion of the first day of a new, hopefully bright, year, IAU has crossed 100k reads.. 🥳🥳

I couldn't have achieved this without the constant support of you, my amazing readers.. The story today stands at the place it is only because of you people. Thank you for loving my work, for trusting me.. you're all AMAZING!!! ❤️❤️

Now without much delay, dive into the update.. 🥰

~

|| XIII - To Twirl & To Sway ||

She looked at her feet with a soft inaudible gasp as she tip-toed to hide her legs from being seen as she bent her body to be able to the scene before her. She was asleep with her soft toy clutched in her grip, dreaming about unicorns and blue seas, when the sound of something falling disturbed her.

Calling out to her parents, who didn't respond like usual, Khushi let her small body drag from her bed and her feet touched the floor immediately shivering on a reflex due to sudden cold that surged through her. Her small feet, making no noise, followed the sound coming from their living room only to halt looking at the pleasant sight before her.

There in their comfortable living space present are her two of her favorite people, her mother and father, dancing to a soft tune playing from their rusted radio, serene smile on their faces, a perfect twirl making them giggle. She tried to hide behind the door, away from her parent's gaze as she giggled to herself seeing them. Her naïve eyes only enjoyed the happiness that emanated from their faces.

Unaware of their offspring's presence, Deepak and Aparna beamed at each other swaying to the tune of 'Pehla pehla pyaar hain'. Deepak had pulled his wife into his arms as soon as she came back putting Khushi to bed, talking her into forgiving him for their fight in the morning. After a lot of sweet words and promises, Aparna had graced him with her beautiful smile, conveying her forgiveness, lacing her hands around his neck.

"Deepakji, let's go to our room now." Aparna's whispered words made her husband chuckle.

"Now now, my pretty wife, you're so eager to spend alone time with me." He teased her, enjoying the transition of her white marble cheeks to a hue of pink, the sight marveling him like every time.

"Shameless!" she chided, "Khushi might wake up, Deepakji, let's go to our room now."

"Oh, let her com-" Deepak's voice got drowned by the sound of soft thud and a hurried childish whisper of 'hey devimaiyya' as the couple looked towards their child's room. They saw a shamefaced Khushi come into view with her head bent down and hands folded back.

"Khushi," Deepak tried a stern voice but couldn't help the adoration present in the tone which completely missed the 6-year old Khushi's knowledge and her eyes brimmed with tears believing to have angered her parents. "what are you doing there hiding?"

"Sorry Papa, Maa," Khushi's voice wobbled leaving their parents in awe at their princess, "I woke up to the sound and came to see you both dancing. I didn't want to disturb."

"Baccha, come to Maa, Papa," Aparna's soothing voice reached her ears as she sprinted into the ready arms of her mother who lifted her up. Her father covered them both in his huge arms as they both started to dance again, Khushi squished between them.