II - Painful Past Vs. Good Ol' Times

First of all, wish you all a very happy Diwali from my side to you guys. Stay safe and stay happy! :)

I'd like to mention ArshiholicPrincess for the beautiful cover she made to this story (Cover in the external link above). Thank you very much buddy! I loved the book cover. ❤️

How could I not mention my little munchkin, Kiddo_Star, in the update. You're always of great help Baccha, and do know that I keep high regard of your opinions.. I love you.. 😘😘

Though this isn't planned, this day also marks my buddy's birthday. Wish you many many happy returns of the day Sandy aka Insane_Insights. Stay blessed!! 😘

Now you start off the chapter.. happy reading :)

~~*~~

|| II - Painful Past Vs. Good Ol' Times ||

Arvind Mallik sat comfortably on his rock chair, in the study room, twisting his glasses and thinking something deep. Ratna Mallik was busy preparing the coffee of her husband's taste getting worked up since she didn't want to delay in giving him his beverage.

"Arvind-ji is doing so much work. He must be so tired. I should have been prepared. He must be so stressed." Ratna was speaking to herself as she poured the hot coffee into a silver cup and put that carefully on a saucer.

"Arvind-ji," she meekly called walking into the study room. Arvind looked up at the voice, irritation clearly visible in his brown eyes. "Your coffee,"

"Is it the time you get me the coffee? How much time do I have to wait for this useless cup of coffee? You don't even know what and how I want it." He scolded as he took the cup from her hands. Ratna just stood with her head bent down and tears pooling rapidly in her eyes. She very badly wants to satisfy her husband. But seems he is always on a look out for some or the other mistake to point out.

Arnav and Anjali were playing in the corridor. Arnav had been trying to get away from Anjali as she neared him to catch hold of her drawing book from his hands.

"Di, I'm growing taller than you. You can't reach me." Arnav loved teasing his Di always.

"Chotte, please return my book. I want it now." Anjali had to limp trying to catch him. Arnav knew he shouldn't run since his Di can't run behind him. But he can still tease her, he knows.

"You take it back yourself," he smirked at his sister's attempts.

Anjali held Arnav by shoulder as she tried to stand on the toes of her good leg to reach his hand that is holding her book but failed. "Aah!!" Anjali felt the pain in her other leg. Arnav immediately gave the book to his sister and ran away before she could catch him. He was sorry, but didn't want to say it since they were very near to their parent's room and Arnav feared his father may scold him if he comes out.

"Useless kids at home!" Arvind held his head pressing it with scrunched up eyes. "They give me headache with their shouts and screams whole day long. Don't know if anyone will let me stay in peace at my home or not. First this woman with her horrible nagging, day in and day out, and then these children who do not leave me in peace! Its better I stay out of home."

Ratna could only hear his words silently and cry. Walking out of the room, she saw Anjali standing outside their door. She pulled Anjali by her should and questioned. "Can't you both stay silent for a while? Don't you know that your father will be disturbed with all this noise? He works hard for us and you guys don't even respect that fact and behave accordingly. Don't ever make noise at home, go and tell your brother also that." Ratna warned as she walked away leaving a teary eyed Anjali who heard her father's words as well as mother's scolds.