X - Redefining Goals & Standing for Selves

I have an idea about what I wrote in this chapter, but I'm not entirely sure it depicted the things I wanted it to depict.

On that note, sorry for the delay and work from home is a bitch!

Peace out.

Happy reading x

~*~

|| X - Redefining Goals & Standing for Selves ||

"Mumma, what does a goal mean?" Little Arnav pointed to the word in his new English assignment. Their English teacher had given them an exercise of filling out details about themselves, their names, parent's names, address of the house, their hobbies etc. But before that he encountered a problem with understanding a goal.

Ratna smiled at her son taking her attention away from the novel she is reading. "Goal means, they're asking you what you want to be when you grow up. So what does my Chotte want to become when he grows up?"

"I'll become a photo man. I'll take pictures." The seven-year-old nodded with a serious look. Ratna had to laugh at the adorableness of her son.

"It is photographer, Chotte." She corrected as she sat beside her son. Anjali was doing her homework in her room missing the entire interaction between the mother and son.

"Pho-photogaper?" Arnav tried spelling it as easily as his mother did but failed terribly.

"Photo-gra-pher." She enunciated the word breaking it up to make it easier for him. "But why photographer? I never saw you taking pictures here."

"I'll become a photo-photogaper. Take beautiful pictures of you and keep them with me." Arnav giggled in delight.

"I'm so proud of you, Chotte." Ratna beamed at her son as he went back to filling up the columns in his English homework. It is said true that sometimes, a mother's pride of her children don't necessarily grow from them being smart or intelligent. It has its moments.

"Maa?" Arnav asked engrossed in completing his assignment.

"Hmm?"

"What is your goal?" That question effectively hid the pearl white of Ratna's teeth behind closed lips as she started impassively at her son all the pride and affection gone to be replaced with grief and sadness over the lost goals.

"I...I don't. May...Maybe to be a good...good mother?"

"You're the best mother ever mumma! I love you." Little Arnav jumped away from his homework and rounded his arms tightly around Ratna's neck and left a big smooch on her cheek and went back to his homework not realizing his mother's sullen face. There were none who recognized that even Ratna had her goals which were given up for apparent reasons.

~

Arnav had gone for a run in the morning like his daily routine. Usually Khushi used to be the one who wakes him up in the morning every day and pushes him out of the room for his morning jog even though Arnav keeps whining. Arnav never realised until today when he woke up to see Khushi peacefully sleeping that how easy it was for both of them to fall into an easy domestic routine. He was woken up and pushed out of the room for his jog by her and the clothes that were always ready for him when he comes back to freshen up for office. The toast that would be ready along with butter and juice by the time he walks down for breakfast and his bag and wallet that reaches him just in time after gets up from his chair after breakfast.