IX - Sweet Habits & Old Warnings

If anyone have read the message on my story board would know I'm guilty for not updating anything for almost a year now. It wasn't exactly intentional, but it is not an excuse either. I'm so sorry for going MIA for so long without any news. But hey! You already have been warned in my bio about it. 😅

And before you go on to the update, Sorry I'm not posting a summary about the story. Please read the story again to get a hang of things. 😅

And also special thanks to my Baccha aka Kiddo_Star for her immense help in getting this update together. Love you Baccha! 😘

Now do continue reading the update. Sorry for the delay! 😅

~

|| IX: Sweet Habits & Old Warnings ||

Her eyes opened to the nose blocking smell of camphor sticks that her mother never forgot to place in her room.

"Maa! Again with the smoke sticks." A young Khushi whined about the incense sticks, that blocked her nose, getting out of her bed on a bright Sunday morning.

"Good Morning to you too. And its good! Our home will smell better. Instead of your jalebi smells." Her mother teased.

"Hawww!" Khushi made an adorable pout at her mother's outrageous comment on her JABELI's. "Don't scold my Jabeli's."

"It is Jalebi. And Jalebi's are so bad. They're always too sweet. Meh!" Her mother teased her more.

"Jabeli's are supposed to be sweet. You can't eat a sweetless Jabeli." Khushi argued.

"Jalebi's sweet or sweet-less, are always bad."

"No No NO!"

"Baccha?" The call interrupted an enraged Khushi whose eyes lit up as she ran to the source of the voice with a squeal.

"Papa!!" Khushi shrieked as she jumped into her father's lap. "Good Morning Papa!"

"Good Morning Baccha." He greeted, with a kind smile, adoring his daughter. "Now tell me what was the argument between your maa and you again?"

"Papa, Maa is scolding my Jabeli. And again put that smoke sticks in my room." Khushi pouted before her father leaning against his chest with a cute yawn. Her father as usual melted seeing his daughter's earnest face.

"And should you argue with Mamma like that?" Her father maintained patience of the world.

Khushi bit her lip as she now remembered her father telling her not to argue with elders. "Sorry Papa!"

"Sorry not to me, say your sorry to Maa." He instructed as he pointed his chin in the direction where her mother was standing.

"Sorry Maa." Khushi apologised to her mother coupled with a charming smile that is irresistible.

"It's okay beta. And I am sorry too." Her mother walked to the father-daughter duo and cupped Khushi's cheeks.

"It's okay Maa." Khushi pulled her mother towards her with arms around her neck as she smiled. This is what she is used to. Love from her parents.

"Khushi, baccha, always remember, arguments will only lead to more and more distance. There is always time for people to realise the truth. When they do and if they come back, you have to speak about nothing more. And if they don't come back, at least you know you are right."