XI - Promising Wishes & Strange Love

As promised Baccha ElaraGizelle ;)

Dedicated to you Bones_25 I'm here with the update as promised! xD

~

XI - ||Promising Wishes & Strange Love||

"Papaaa..." Khushi whined walking on lazy steps to reach her father who sat on his study table doing some work. Her eyes droopy and a soft toy getting dragged behind her, she made an adorable picture for her father.

"Come here, princess." Her father lifted her effortlessly into his arms immediately cuddling her to his chest breathing in her sweet baby scent that relaxed him. 

"I'm soooo sleepyyy..." Khushi stretched the words to give effect of her sleepiness as she rounded her small arms around his midriff as much as possible and breathed in the comfort of her father's arms closing her eyes.

"My princess is soooo sleepyyy..." Her father imitated her words seriously dropping a kiss on her head patting her back slowly, speaking in her ears in low voice, to lull her to sleep. After a few minutes he heard her soft breathing and understood she slept in his arms, like everyday. 

"So your princess slept in your arms... again?" He looked up hearing the complaining voice to smile mischievously at his pouting wife. "You're really spoiling her." 

"Come here." He called her and looked on with a smile as she silently pulled a chair beside him and dropped a kiss on her daughter's head before she let her head rest on her husband's shoulders. "She's still a child, Apu, if not me, then who else is going to spoil her?"

"Hmm... but deepakji, imagine if she gets used to such pampering here, what will happen when she grows old? When she gets married and has to leave our house? What will you do then?" Aparna Sharma asked with raised brows a proud smile as if she finally found something which could leave her husband speechless. "Don't tell me you'll go to her in-laws house to put her to sleep every night."

"You're mad." Deepak Sharma laughed lightly at his crazy wife. She is the light he never knew he missed in his life, a whirlwind and breath of fresh air in his lone life. 

"I do feel jealous of you sometimes you know? Khushi loves you more than she'd ever love me." She pouted again as she kept her hand on the left side of his chest and went back to her previous position of leaning her head on his shoulder. 

"It is nothing like that Aparna. At this age, she just has her set thoughts of who she should seek for what problem in her little head. Just like she'd run to you for her temple visits and food, she would come to me for her sleep time. She'll grow out of these eventually as she grows independent, Apu, but we should never let the thought enter of her loving one of her parents more than other. At this age of our daughter, she wouldn't even know what partiality means hence we should be very careful about how we talk to her and treat her. Never let this thought of her showing different love towards both of us get to you. Please understand that either of our absence is going to halt her life abruptly." He patiently lectured his wife taking care to not wake up his daughter. 

"I know I keep thinking useless things sometimes, but I'd never let our daughter face trouble due to my insecurities, Deepakji. But thank you for making me understand and being so patient with me. I don't know what would become of me if it isn't for you and your patience." 

"Whoever it might be in my place instead of me I know you'll have the same happiness, Aparna. Your nature deserves you nothing but the best of the life." Deepak replied emotionally dropping a kiss on his wife's forehead.