CHAPTER 3

DECEMBER 2007

"Are you mad?!" I screamed when he just snatched my school calendar and threatened me about writings complaints in the 'PRINCIPAL REMARKS" section.(you know good girls are expected to have remark free calendars!)

"give it back to me or else..."

"Go complain" thats what he said before i could even complete my sentence.

I was about to break into tears and plead.but he interuppted,'drama queen,take it!'

"Shut up" i said,fuming with anger.

And for the lack of a better word,he gave the cheapest reply one could ever give,"sorry,i cant take my shirt off now,girls will stare"

I dint want to argue further but i Heard myself saying to him,"you are really a BAD BOY,i hate you!"

Never was i allowed to stay at peace,sometimes he used to take away my stationery or interrupt me while i am giving an answer to a question.i always lacked of a nick name at home and he made up for it too.i was named "tortoise" for my perfection in managing class chores and renamed as "battery" for the imperfection in my eyesight.

Things were indeed BEARABLE till the unforgettable PAPER BALL FIGHT in the classroom where in everyone had planned an "anti CLASS MONITOR gesture"

So drowned that i was in my book,that i failed to notice that suddenly all paper balls hit my head,face and spectacles.tired of the torture i ended up being teary eyed."drama queen" ws what i expected again but to my surprise ,"ENOUGH GUYS" i heard his loud sexy voice emerge.i had to pinch myself when he came upto me and apologized!

"Sorry we were just having fun,you are great at studies,please continue,we wont torture you" and before i could return a smile, "but you remain a TORTOISE" he concluded and burst into laughter.

...huhhh,boys will be boys,wont they?but this time the bad boy had built a tiny soft corner for himself..for the first time in those million quarrels that we had,i wanted to forgive him,i wanted to smile it off and say "its okay,you can have fun with me too" but you know what!? that would have been a very obvious change in the reputation that i had in school...

But i felt blessed,happy in my own weird way,may be because first time in my life i was able to make a guy laugh... first time in my life ,a guy had actually noticed my charcoal eyes and looked straight into them.because first time in my life ,i felt important,special and blessed in school..

This is how it began from my side..yes,the topper,nerdy,geeky school gal had her FIRST EVER CRUSH!!