Chapter 1

Hey ya'll! I have recently fallen in love with the movie The Kissing Booth on Netflix! It got me all inspired. I promise my story is going to be nothing like The Kissing Booth, BUT I had to put Joey King and Jacob Elordi as my leads. ;) This story is completely MINE and I hope that you will enjoy it! ;)

 ;) This story is completely MINE and I hope that you will enjoy it! ;)

         Jacob Elordi as Bryce Carmichael

          Joey King as Olivia Sanders

         Alex Roe as Xander Sanders

Bryce Carmichael.

My brother, Xander's, best friend....since kindergarten.

MY mortal enemy....since preschool.

He is three years older than me, just like my brother.

And he happens to be at my house RIGHT NOW....

As a matter of fact, he is at my house practically every single day...

So, this isn't big news.

But it still annoys me to no end.

Sue me.

He's such a jerk.

He's rude.

He's self centered.

He's a man ho.

The list goes on...

        The only good thing is that he NEVER speaks to me, but his presence still gets under my skin because I see how he acts around my brother and I've heard a lot of stories through the grape vine.....

        Bryce Carmichael hasn't spoken one word to me since I was in the fifth grade and he was in the eighth grade.  From the day that I met him, all the way up until I was in fifth grade, he would actually talk to me. And when I say talk, I mean he would say rude and disgusting things that annoyed the crap out of me. AND he would pull my hair when I wasn't paying attention. He did a lot of other annoying things too...The list is endless. Basically, it's not like we were friends then. I don't ever plan on being his friend.

        I don't know what happened when he got to eighth grade. He just stopped initiating conversations with me and I didn't/don't care enough to initiate one with him. Plus, we are never left alone together. So, I haven't been faced with that awkward situation. I pretty much avoid him as much as possible even though it feels like he lives at my house.

"Earth to Olivia!!!" My brother yells, while waving his large hands in front of my face.

"What?!" I yell right back at him with just as much force.

I'm at my job sitting behind the cash register. I am a sales associate at a perfume store called Perfumania. I've worked here since I was sixteen years old. I'm twenty years old now. Therefore, I've worked here for about four years. I've been casually taking some online college classes since I graduated high school two years ago...I'm still not too sure what I want to do with the rest of my life.

"I've been trying to get your attention for like a full five minutes." He tells me, while rolling his eyes at me.

I scoff. "It's 9 o'clock at night, I'm tired, and ready to close this store."

He walks around the store and begins spraying random colognes.

I sigh. "What are you even doing here, anyways? When I left the house you and Bryce were playing Call of Duty...."

Yes, me and Xander still live with our parents.

Me at the age of twenty.

And Xander at the age of twenty-three.

We're both lame. I have a feeling that Xander will be moving out soon. He makes decent money. He is a welder at the local ship yard in our hometown, of Ellisville, Alabama.

Xander's eyes travel to the bench outside of the Perfumania. I follow where his eyes land. Bryce is sitting there smoking a cigarette.

Ew.

"Okay, why are you BOTH here?" I raise my eyebrows. I'm just tired and ready to go home.

Xander looks away from me, as if he is thinking about whether or not to tell me something.....

"We need your help." He, finally, says after a long pause.

"With what?" I ask, feeling a little bit unsteady.

Xander gulps and looks away from me again.

This has to be serious if he is coming to me for help. Xander never asks me for help.

"I know you don't like Bryce, but I need you to help him." He spits out, quickly.

I look over at Bryce sitting on the bench smoking his cigarette like he has no care in the world.

I really don't like him.......

"How could I possibly help him?" I'm so confused.

"Weren't you taking the next two weeks off from work?" He asks, all pretend casual like.

"Yes. Why?"

He sighs, heavily. "Bryce needs a ride to Los Angles. "

"Why does he need a ride there?" I ask.

"That's his business to tell. Not mine."

"Why can't you drive him? I'm not his friend. You are." I say, while crossing my arms on my chest.

Suddenly, the door to the store opens.

Bryce walks in.

I'm glad to see that he got rid of the cigarette before he walked in.

"Dude, she's not going to do it. I can just take the bus or something. I can't afford a plane ticket...." His eyes land on me for just a second and then go back to looking at Xander.

Xander looks at me again and I just shrug.

"Not my circus. Not my monkey." I tell him and then I walk to the back of the shop to busy myself.

Bryce walks out of the shop without another word and Xander just sighs and looks at me one last time.

Before he walks out I hear him whisper to himself, "So hateful."