Chapter 27

4 Months Later

Bryce and I are still doing the same routine. I watch Sebastian during the day while he is at work. They eat dinner with me and Xander. Sometimes it's just with me because Xander is now dating the girl, Jessica, that he met on Facebook.  Then Bryce and Sebastian go home to their apartment.

Today is Saturday. Something strange happened to me today....I was out at Wal-mart, buying some groceries and this random guy came up to me out of nowhere. He just started talking to me. I learned that his name is Ryan. He is twenty-six. He has shaggy brown hair and green eyes. He's about five foot seven. Anyways,....he asked for my phone number and I gave it to him.

      I can't sit here and pine over my brother's best friend. Honestly, that's what I've been doing for the past six months. Bryce just sees me as his best friends little sister and as his friend/baby-sitter. If he felt something else towards me he would have said something to me. He would have just came right out and said  it for sure. I've never known Bryce to be a shy person.

      I get home and I put up all the groceries that I got. I keep on looking at my phone to see if Ryan has texted me. I run upstairs and put my phone on charge. I get in the shower real quick. After I get out, get dressed, and check my phone I see a message popped up on the screen. It's from an unknown number. This has to be Ryan....

Unknown: Hey. :)

Me: Ryan! Hey. :) I was waiting for you to text me. :)

He does not text back immediately. Maybe I shouldn't have told him that I was waiting for him to text me. Maybe that was coming on too strong....

I suddenly get a text.

Unknown number: Who is Ryan?

Huh? I'm so confused. I just gave Ryan my number not that long ago and I don't know whose number this is.....

Me: Um, Ryan is the guy who I gave my number to at Wal-mart.....And it seems that you are not him. Maybe you texted the wrong number...

Unknown number: No. I didn't text the wrong number, unfortunately.

Me: Who is this?

Unknown number: Does it matter?

Me: Do I know you?

Unknown number: Yes.

Me: In that case, yes, it does matter.

Unknown number: Did Ryan text you yet?

Me: That's none of your business.

Ryan actually just texted me in between the texts that I'm having with this stranger, but I haven't replied to him yet because I want to know who this person is because apparently they know me and I know them.

Unknown: Actually, it is.

Me: How so?

Unknown: If you are going to be taking care of my son, I need to know what kind of boyfriend you are going to be bringing around him.

Me: Bryce? Did you get a new number?

Unknown: Yes. And yes.

Me: Why did you get a new number?

Unknown: Why are you changing the subject?

I groan. Why do I feel like I just cheated on him right now? He is not mine and I am not his.

Me: Because it's none of your business. That's why.

He doesn't text me back after that.