Chapter 12

After my texting conversation with Xander, I put the GPS back up on my phone. I'm suddenly overcome with some energy. I decide to get back on the road and keep driving. Sleeping beauty is still out like a light. When I say sleeping beauty, I'm talking about Bryce freaking Carmichael.

I turn on the radio and "Back to You" by Selena Gomez is playing. I turn the volume up, but not too loud to wake up Bryce. If I'm being honest, I think that boy, or shall I say man, can sleep through anything. At this point, it's after 9 at night, but I don't feel like stopping. The more I drive, the faster we get to Los Angeles. I'll probably regret doing this later, but oh well. I have a feeling that I'm going to regret a lot more than just continuing to drive. I have a feeling that I will end up regretting coming on this little road trip at all.

In the middle of my thinking, I see Bryce sit up in his seat. He is awake. Finally. I don't say anything. I just keep my eyes focused on the road ahead of me, but I can still see Bryce taking off his headphones from the corner of my eye. Yes, he was wearing them while he was sleeping.

"Where are we?" He asks, with a tad bit of sleepiness still in his voice. It's actually kind of cute.

"In the middle of nowhere." I turn the volume down on the radio.

"Seriously, though...where are we?" He asks, while scratching his head.

I sigh. "We are somewhere in New Mexico, but we are getting closer and closer to Arizona by the minute."

"How much longer?" He adjusts himself in his seat. He looks like he is trying to get comfortable in a sitting position instead of the laying down position that he has been in most of the day.

"We probably won't make it there tonight. Most likely, in the morning. " I tell him.

I see him look at the time. "Aren't you going to stop to get some rest?"

"No, not right now."

"Don't fall asleep at the wheel." He looks out the window, examining the scenery around him.

"I'm not going to fall sleep at the wheel!" I snap at him. He just hit one of my nerves.

"Geez. Calm your tits." He puts his hands up in the air.

I narrow my eyes. "Shut up."

"You're nuts." He shakes his head.

"Obviously, I agreed to go on a road trip with YOU!" I yell back at him.

He takes in a deep breath. "Well, maybe you should have just said no."

"What would you have done if I said no?"

His face hardens. "I would have figured something out, Olivia. I'm not incapable. "

"You could have fooled me." I retorted.

He glares at me. "Why did you agree to do it in the first place, then?!"

"I don't know!" I yell back at him.

He reaches for his headphones, but before he can get them I grab his hand to stop him. His eyes dart up to mine.

"Look, I'm sorry, please don't block me out again. " I tell him in a much calmer voice. I'm being serious. I really don't want him to block me out again. As much as I don't like the guy, I want us to at least pretend to get a long while we are on this trip.

His face softens.

I remove my hand from his.

We sit in silence for a few minutes as I'm driving.

"My offer still stands." He finally says.

"What offer?" I ask, confused.

"I could drive while you sleep."

I purse my lips. "I don't know, Bryce...."

His lips twitch and he looks like he's trying to fight a smile from forming on his lips.

"What are you smiling about?" I ask.

"It's so funny hearing you say my name." He states.

I roll my eyes. "Anyways, I don't know about letting you drive my car...."

He shrugs. "It was just an offer."

"Well, thank you for offering." I tell him.

"You're welcome."

Wait....are we actually be civil towards one another? Has the world come to an end? I never thought that I would live to see this day.

"I'll let you know if I change my mind....about your offer."

"Good." He smirks.

I turn the radio back up. We drive while listening to the radio.

~*~
I haven't been paying attention to the time. When I finally look, I'm in shock.

1:05 a.m

Have I really been driving this long? I look over at Bryce. He is still awake, as well. He did sleep a lot in the car....

I look at my GPS. Wow, we should be in Arizona in about another hour. Today is technically the beginning of day 3 of our road trip. I should start being a little bit nicer to Bryce.

"Hey." I say.

He looks over at me, raising his eyebrows. "Hey....?"

"I'll take you up on that offer now." I pull over at the next exit and throw him a smile.

" I pull over at the next exit and throw him a smile