Chapter 15

        We are now in Los Angeles, California

We are now in Los Angeles, California. It's 11 o'clock at night. We are both very much awake and bright eyed even though it is so late.

"We made it!!" I exclaim.

Bryce puts his hand up in the air for me to give him a high five. I oblige with a huge smile on my face. I'm so excited that we have finally arrived.

"Where do you want me to bring you now?" I ask, curiously.

He thinks for a moment. "Do you want to go get something to eat with me first?" He asks.

He wants to go out to eat with me?

"Sure." I tell him.

Why not?

We have actually been getting along way better than I ever imagined we would.

He smiles at me, genuinely. "Great. Let's find a Waffle House." He starts typing it into his GPS.

Waffle House is amazing.

"Yay!"

Bryce tells me where to go. It doesn't take us long to get there. I park the car and we walk in. There are only a few people inside. We go sit at a booth in the corner in the area where nobody is sitting at. As soon as we sit down, a waitress comes to take our order. After she takes our order, she gets our menus and tells us the food will be out as soon as it's ready. We thank her and she goes back behind the counter.

"Sooo....." I say, while taking a deep breath. Bryce is sitting directly across from me in the booth.

"Sooo...."He says right back to me.

I roll my eyes. "Sooo....I've noticed that you haven't smoked any cigarettes since we have been on this road trip."

"I'm trying to quit." He keeps looking at his phone like he is waiting for somebody to call him or send him a message.

"That's good. Cigarettes are cancer sticks." I tell him.

"I know." He agrees with me. He is still stealing glances at his phone, continuously.

"Who are you waiting for?" I blurt out.

His eyes snap to mine, instantly.

"What do you mean?" He asks, with an edge to his voice.

"You keep looking at your phone like you are waiting for somebody to call or text you." I point out.

At that moment, the waitress brings us our drinks and then, quickly, goes back behind the counter. I thank her before she leaves.

Bryce is looking at me with a stressed out look on his face.

"If you must know, yes, I am waiting to hear from someone." He says, with a strange look on his face that I can't quite decipher.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Who?"

He sighs, heavily. "Do you have to know every single tiny detail about everything?"

"Yes." I tell him, while smiling and batting my eyelashes at him.

He groans. "You don't want to know."

I raise my eyebrows. "Why would I not want to know?"

He takes a sip of his orange juice. "It would make you think less of me than you already do."

That hit me in my heart right there. When he said that, it was like he was saying it as if me thinking less of him actually hurt his feelings or something.....does it?

"You are my brothers best friend. I'm here to help you...for his sake." I tell him. "I won't freak out." I point out. I don't know why he wouldn't want to tell me who he was waiting to hear from.

He gulps. "I'm waiting to hear from Gabriella." He finally says.

The waitress brings us our food. I thank her.

"Okay. And who is she?" I ask, as I take a bite of grits.

"She's a girl."

I roll my eyes. "Nah, duh, Sherlock."

He takes a deep breath. "She's....the mother of my child."

I drop my fork.

It makes a loud noise against my plate.

Did he just say what I think he said?

Hey y'all!! Thank you so much to everybody that has been reading my story

Hey y'all!! Thank you so much to everybody that has been reading my story. I try to update as much as I can. If I don't update, it's because I'm busy with, well, life. Lol. Much love to you all. ❤️