Chapter 8

I'm so tired of driving. My butt hurts. My feet hurt. Everything hurts. Bryce is over there laying back in his seat....asleep. I look at the time.

8:00 p.m.

We entered Texas a few hours ago. I think that it's about time that we stop for the night. Well, time that I stop for the night. Bryce has been sleeping for the past two hours....lucky him. I take the next exit that I see that has lodging. I drive into the parking lot of the Motel 6.

From what I have observed, we are in a small town in Texas called Paris.

How cute.

I park the car.

I look over at Bryce.

I sigh.

Now I have to wake him up.

How lovely.

"Hey Bryce." I say.

He doesn't budge.

"Hey Bryce." I say a little bit louder.

He turns over on his side away from me.

I roll my eyes.

That's it.

I reach over and pinch both of his cheeks.

His eyes slowly start to open.

"What the heck?!" He yells, groggily.

I take my hands off of his cheeks.

"We are stopping for the night. I'm tired and I need to get some rest." I inform him.

"You could let me drive at some point, you know." He yawns.

"No, thanks." I tell him. I open my door and begin walking towards the front desk of the motel.

Bryce doesn't bother to follow me. I look back and I see him looking at his lover.

And when I say lover I mean his phone.

"Welcome to Motel 6. How are you tonight?" An older lady, with pink highlights in her hair asks me.

I smile at her. "I'm good. How are you?"

"Just dandy. What kind of room are you looking for?" She gets straight to the point.

I like that.

I smile at her some more.

"I just need a room with two beds. " I tell her.

"Sorry. No can do. We only have rooms with one bed left." She tells me, nonchalantly.

"Okay. I'll take one."

I hand her my debit card.

She swipes it and after a few moments she hands me my copy of the receipt.

I sign her copy of the receipt and she gives me the card to get into the room.

"Thank you." I tell her.

"You're welcome. Have a good night."

"You too." I tell her as I walk back to my car to inform Bryce that he is sleeping on the floor tonight.

I tap on the window to the passenger side of my car. Bryce looks up from his phone to look at me. I motion with my hand for him to get out. I pop the trunk to my car. I grab one of my bags that I know I have extra clothes in. Bryce gets out of the car. As soon as he closes the passenger side door, I lock up my car.

"Grab one of your bags if you need it." I tell him.

He grabs his black back pack and closes the trunk.

"Follow me. We are going to be in room 208." I start walking towards the stairs. We are going to be on the second floor.

It doesn't take long to get to our room, fortunately.

I put the card in the lock and it opens immediately.

Yay.

The first thing that I do is throw my bag onto the table by the door.

And then I throw myself onto the bed. It's not the most comfortable bed ever, but it will do. I almost forget that Bryce is here with me until I hear him clear his throat.

I look up at his 6 foot 3 figure standing in front of me.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, you're sleeping on the floor." I put my face into the pillow and close my eyes.

"No way." He says.

I look up at him.

He begins to lift his black t-shirt up and before I can blink he is shirtless.

What just happened?

"I'm not in the mood to argue with you. " I put my face back into the pillow.

"Good." He mumbles. I can almost hear the smirk on his face.....

"Don't touch me." I say into the pillow.

"I would never dream of it." He whispers as he lays down on the bed beside me.

I scoot as far away from him as possible.

I'm so tired that before I even know it I'm out like a light.

These are actually photos of the real Motel 6 in Paris, Texas!!!