Chapter 5

It's 8:00 in the morning ,exactly, and I'm leaning against my car waiting for Bryce to grace me with his unholy presence. I'm tapping my foot, impatiently. I'm not a very patient person, obviously.

I glance down at my pink digital watch on my wrist.

8:01

"Ugh!" I tap my foot faster.

"Chill, sis. He's right here." Xander says as they walk out of the front door of our parents two story brick  house.

"Finally." I say, standing up straight.

"It's literally 8:00." Xander says while walking in front of Bryce.

Bryce is holding two red suitcases and he has a black back pack on.

I packed way more than that. I don't travel lightly.

"8:01." I tell him.

"Big difference, Olivia. "Xander laughs.

Bryce looks like he's trying to hold back a smile.

He actually has emotions.

Good to know.

"Are mom and dad still asleep?" I ask Xander.

He nods.

I take a piece of notebook paper out of the back pocket of my American Eagle jeans. I hand it over to Xander.

"Here. I wrote a letter for you to give to mom and dad. It just explains where I'm going and for them not to worry." I explain.

"Couldn't you have just sent them a text?" He shakes his head, with a smile.

"Yes, but I thought a letter would be more intimate." I like writing letters.

"Don't forget to call and text me. " Xander looks at me and Bryce. "The both of you. I want to know that you two haven't killed each other." He smirks.

I almost laugh at that.

Almost.

I look over at Bryce. I open the drivers side door of my car and lean down to pop the trunk to my car.

"You can go ahead and put your stuff in the trunk." I tell him.

He doesn't make eye contact with me, but he obliges and puts his stuff in the trunk of my car.

I move forward and wrap my arms around Xander. "I love you, big brother. I hope that I don't regret doing this favor for you."

"You might....you might not." He whispers in my ear as we hug.  "And I love you too, baby sis."

I pull back and give him a small smile. I go ahead and get in the drivers seat of my car after that. I close the door so that Xander and Bryce can give each other a bro hug and say good bye.  I can see them whispering in each other's ears, but I can't hear what they are saying. I plug my phone into the charger. I will have to keep it charged the whole time we are driving since I will have my GPS pulled up.

After what feels like forever, Bryce walks around to the passenger side of my car. He opens the door and plops down in the seat next to me. He looks so large in my car. He is extremely tall. He is like 6 foot 3 or 6 foot 4. I put my car in reverse.

Xander waves at us as we pull out. I honk the horn at him. I look at Xander in the rear view mirror until I can't see him anymore. What in the world has my brother gotten me into?

 What in the world has my brother gotten me into?