Chapter 23 - Statements

I sat by one of the dining room tables and the girls came and sat with me for comforting. I was shaking so mad, i couldn't believe that the plan actually worked and something was finally getting done. I was told to sit tight and wait for the police to arrive so i could explain to them my side of the story. The girls kept quiet next to me, the shock of what happened made everyone speechless. They were also asked to give a statement to the police as well and the feeling of telling a complete stranger what had been going on and why it took us so long to come forward made the anxiety build up inside of us all.

''Matilda, are you OK? Do you need anything?''

I looked up at James and i could tell that he had no idea what to do in this situation.

''How about i get you all a cup of tea each? Anyone interested?''

I could do with a good cup of tea right about now.

''Yes i would love one thank you James.''

The other girls also decided to have one and it got us all talking again.

''So what shall we say to the police when they get here?'' Tilly's voice was shaking but she still held it together.

''The truth of course. Everything that he has ever done to us.'' 

'' How much of the truth shall we tell though Dawn? Do we talk about the other victims, ones here and the ones that have been sent to high secure?''

I could tell that Tilly was really scared more than all of us put together, this made me want to act braver than i was just to show her that everything was going to be OK.

''Yes we will tell them everything and we will answer all of their questions even though it will be hard at times but we must answer everything.''

I gave Tilly a reassuring smile and she managed to give me one back.

*Knock,knock*

''Hello girls, the police are here to see you all one by one. Matilda they want to start with you because you were the one found by staff. Will you be OK to go in by yourself they don't want staff to go in just in case you hold anything back.''

''Yes i will be fine thank you.''

I was glad that the staff weren't allowed in with me. I followed the police officers into one of the rooms we used for psychology. I sat in the big soft chair and the two officers took the two normal chairs.

''Good evening Miss Joy-''

''Please call me Matilda.''

''Yes sure, good evening Matilda. My name is PC Connors and this is my colleague PC Radke. We are her to get a statement from you about what was going on tonight. We have a few questions to ask you and some other patients that we need you to answer honestly.''

I nodded to show them that i understood what they were saying.

''We are also going to be recording this interview so we are also going to need you to speak up when talking.''

''Yes i understand.''

''OK then lets start. Matilda in your own words can you give us all the details about what happened tonight?''

I took a deep breath in and composed myself before answering.

''For a long time now nurse Tristan has been inappropriately been touching us and me and the girls, Dawn, Ceri and Tilly have been trying to figure out a way to tell someone what was going on but because everyone who had previously been told about him got sent down to high secure we wanted to keep our mouths shut. We heard that he would be working the night shift tonight and out a plan together that would expose him. To our surprise the plan worked. I was found by the other nurse that was working tonight with my bottoms and pants down and Tristan was inside of me. There was a lot of commotion and i didn't understand what was going on exactly and now i'm here.''

I breathed back out and tried to look relaxed.

''Thank you Matilda. Now we do have some questions to ask you. What was this plan that you and the others made up?''

''The plan was simply but took a lot of courage for us to go through with. Whoever Tristan chose it was up to the remaining to persuade the other nurse who was working to go to that persons room. The reason we used was that we thought that the person who was chosen had a blade on their persons and was going to use it. We knew that the staff would act quickly on this information and could enter the bedroom without any warning.''

The officer didn't ask me anymore questions until his partner finished taking notes on the information i just gave him.

''You mentioned that there have been other people who have reported him but they were sent away to a different ward. How many others have there been?''

''I don't know Dawn told me what had happened to the others, i haven't been on this ward long but there are others on this ward that have been subjected to his unorthordox treatment.''

''OK that's fine one last question from me, When did you first meet Tristan?''

''I first met him when i was up on the main children's ward. He was a new member of staff the first day that i arrived. It was that night that he first forced me to have sex with him, I didn't tell any members of staff up there because i was scared and i thought that they wouldn't believe me.''

''Thank you Matilda, we will need to speak to you again. We are going to be speaking to all the other patients on this ward to find out everything that went on. Thank you for your time and we are both sorry about the terrible care that is going on here.''

The officers walked me back up to the dining room where the other girls were still playing cards. I went and took my seat back but didn't say anything to the others. The nurse called out Dawn next to go and speak to the officers and we all wished her luck. 

It was a long night with the police back and forth speaking to all of us and James was nice enough to keep the flow of tea coming and nurse Molly kept checking on us but never asked us once to go to bed which we were all grateful for.

By seven o'clock in the morning the remaining night staff had gone home and the police had left taking Tristan onto custody.

The morning staff didn't ask us any questions about what had gone on during the night and we all decided to skip out on breakfast and go catch up on some sleep now that Tristan was off the property and in a jail cell somewhere.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for all the reads i have been getting.

I'll be uploading again in a few days.