chapter 2

" Matilda,  Matilda" I hear a soothing voice and open my eyes to see nurse James, Principle M Jones and my mum looking down at me.

" okay Matilda you have been in a nasty fight and have been knocked out for  about 2 hours".

I wanted to cry at this point but I knew I couldn't. I didn't want them to see me cry.

" I am wondering if I could talk to Matilda on her own miss Joy?"

" yes of course."

"Miss Joy if you follow me to my office I would like to have an important conversation with you."

everyone had left the room, only me and nurse James were there. I turn to look at her.

"whats the matter?"

"when we found you in the girls bathroom your sleeves were rolled up and we noticed that you have some cuts on your wrists that were bad."

I froze in her words, no she cant know about that it was my secret, I moved my hands to my wrists and felt a soft bandages on them.

" I had to bandage them up and principle Jones is talking to your mum about it right now and is also going to take you home to have a chat with you".

" NO! you cant tell her, please no". struggling to breath at this point.

"Matilda calm down, we had to tell her because its out job to. sorry dear".

With those last words my mum knocks the door and walks in.

"is she okay to leave"?

" yes, all set to go".

I thanked the nurse and followed my mum out to the car. we didn't speak at all till we entered the kitchen of the house.

"How could you Matilda? you better not have said anything about me? you made me look a fool. you are just so pathetic and I wish I never gave birth to you. If you wanted to feel some pain I can give it to you".

When she finished talking I turned around to start walking away. I was suddenly pulled back around by my hair and I was hit multiple times in the head and face with a book my mum found on the side.

I ran upstairs crying and locked myself in the bedroom. I grabbed my razor from my draw, cut the bandages of my wrist and with one deep breath in I took the blade to my skin and cut it vertically up my right wrist as I breathed out. Took in another deep breath and as I breathed out another cut appeared on my arm.

I lay down on my bed and in minutes I was unconscious.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------