Chapter 28 - The Trial #3

I joined Dawn, Ceri and Tilly at the table for breakfast, there was a small pile of untouched buttered toast stacked in the middle of the table. The though of eating anything made me feel sick and that seemed to be the feeling around the table. 

Even though we were allowed to sit and talk to each other again no words had been exchanged in the five minutes we were together.

It was Ceri who broke the silence.

''Guys it is going to be OK we are going to win this and he is going to go to prison.''

Ceri looked as white as Tilly did and didn't really believe everything she was saying but it helped start a conversation.

We talked for about 15 minutes at the table before leaving and heading to the lounge, leaving the toast go cold behind us.

We stayed in the lounge most of the day. We were called into the room where we could watch the trial at 1:50pm. We were all really nervous and sat in silence.

At 2pm the judge entered the court room, everyone stood and then sat back down.

It was the judge who spoke this time.

''Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, over the last two days you have heard statements and been given evidence from both prosecution and the defence. You have had almost 24 hours to come up with a verdict. Can you please present me with your verdict.''

The head juror had stood up at this point and handed a piece of paper to the bailiff who then handed it to the judge and back again. 

''Can the defendant please rise.
If you may announce to the court your verdict please.''

''We the jurors find the defendant Tristan Mcfolly guilt of rape, abuse of authority, and 7 accounts of sexual assault of a minor.''

''Mr Tristan Mcfolly you have been found guilty of theses crimes and for that you have been sentenced to 28 years imprisonment without parole.''

With three strikes of his gavel all members of the court stood and began to leave.

Tristan Mcfolly could be seen in handcuffs and escorted through a different door in the courtroom.

I looked around the room i was in to see that all the girls including myself were in tears. We held each other close and celebrated the great news.

The nurse that was in the room with us left to tell the other nurses the news.

That night we were so happy that we decided that we were going to have a takeaway and the whole ward chipped in to have one too.

We went to bed that night will full stomachs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know its short but im coming too the end of the story now.

One chapter left of the story be updated later today.