CHAPTER 2

The pain demands to be felt.

                         -John Green
                  (The fault in our stars)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ria's pov:-

I rubbed my hand over my face and yawned. I hate mornings! Getting out of the comforter and jumping out of the bed, seems like the most difficult task a person could ever do.

Sighing, I force my body out of the bed and towards the bathroom. Brushing my teeth seems like a chore, when all I want to do is, burry myself in my bed.

After dressing up in a white button up, black pants and a black blazer, I put the necessary files in my briefcase and head down for breakfast.

"Good morning, love!" Miranda greeted and flashed me a heart warming smile.

"Good morning! Can I get my cup of coffee and the pills? I am in a rush," I smiled back at her.

"Breakfast? I made pancakes."

"Some other time. You enjoy them."

"You said the same thing yesterday and the day before. You really need to eat. Coffee won't help you survive."

"I promise, I'll eat tomorrow."

"Ok, here's your coffee. Have the pills first," she ordered and handed me a glass of water along with two pills.

"Yeah. Thanks!" I gulped the medicine down and then took a sip of my coffee, as I answered some mails.

"So, what are your plans for today?" Miranda asked, as she settled across me, on the dinning table.

"The usual. Work till I can't do it anymore, visit grandpa and then come home. I have a meeting to attend as well."

"There's absolutely no need to push yourself so hard, love. The company is already blooming under your leadership. Find some time for yourself."

"You know I can't do that, not yet. I want our company to be the best all over U.K and we are stuck on number two since the past seven months."

"Second best, is good as well. Your health matters more. You've grown so thin."

"I am not thin! I literally couldn't get into the dress for Paige and Brandon's wedding and I did end up ripping it!"

"You bought that dress when you were in highschool! I don't even know why you chose to wear it."

"Paige wanted me to. It was a special one. I wore it the day she gave me this." I pointed at the anchor bracelet on my right wrist that I haven't taken off since it was put here.

"I am done, I'll leave now. Take care, bye!" I kissed Miranda's cheek, waved her a goodbye and got into my white porsche 911.

Quickly parking in my private space, I get out and pull off my Ray bans.

"Good morning, ma'am," the guard and a few other employes greeted and I nodded in response.

No need to get too friendly.