CHAPTER 6

Nothing haunts us more than the words we want to speak.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ria's pov:-

When I woke up, the air felt different. The delicious aroma filled my lungs as I inhaled deeply. Jumping out of the bed, I hissed when my feet throbbed from the sudden pain.

Slipping my feet into the adorable bunny slippers, I made my way to the kitchen.

"You should be in bed." Zeeve frowned, when he saw me descending the staircase. "Any trouble with your feet?"

"Nope. Thanks for changing the bandages."

"Mention not."

"You won't thank me for those slippers?"

"Yeah, thank you. I knew you had a weird obsession with bunnies."

"What?! Don't be ridiculous!"

"Am not! Give me food, I need to leave."

"You're not leaving Ria." he growls.

"Of course I am, but not now. I'll finish off all the tasty things in your house and then run away." I winked in the end.

"You'll stay for food?" I nod.

"Not for me?" I nod again.

"You don't want a taste of this meat?" he said, gesturing to his body.

"I'm vegetarian." I pull a water bottle from the fridge and make my way to the living room.

"Wai-"

"Get me breakfast quickly!"
.
.
.
.

"Stop being so stubborn, Ria."

"Why don't you let me wear my clothes then?!"

"You will wear this," he shoved the paperbag in my hand.

Throwing the bag at him, I crossed my arms across my chest. His eyes turned into cold blue shards as he watched the contents topple out of the bag.

"Pick it up." His voice was low, controlled.

"No."

"I said pick it up!" I flinched as his voice rose. Shutting my eyes, I try to control my breathing; his tone had shaken up my brain.

"Pick this shit up, Ria!"

I choose to stare at the peach carpet that he decided to cover the floor with, because apparently I am reckless and keep hurting myself.

I beg to differ.

His strong hands grab my shoulders and he shakes me roughly. "Are you going to obey me or not?"

Staring into his deep blue eyes, I whispered, "No."

"You're not?" mustering up all the courage in my bones, I glare back at him.