CHAPTER 10

My power is turned on,
Starting right now I'll be strong,
I'll play my fight song.

                             -Fight song

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ria's pov:-

"Open up, darling."

"I am really full. No more please," I begged.

"Ria," Miranda's stern voice called out.

I bent forward to look into the soup bowl and nearly gagged with the amount still left for me to finish.

"I don't like it!" I pointed at the nasty greenish white coloured liquid in the blue porcelain bowl.

"It's good for you."

"No!"

"Enough with the complaints. Pick up the spoon and start eating. I will return for the empty bowl in ten minutes," she said, her tone stern and her face stony, as she got off the bed, "I want it empty."

Picking up the spoon, I blowed over the surface, aiming to delay tasting the nasty coloured liquid.

Just fucking do it!

Bringing the spoon closer to my lips and taking a wiff proved to be a mistake, as my nose scrunched up in reaction to the new smell and a tingly feeling arose in my nose.

"Eww," I whispered nearly gagging from the smell.

"Five minutes are up!" Miranda's voice called out and without giving it a second thought, I shoved the spoon in my mouth and gulped it immediately.

Repeating the process, I continued swallowing the weird liquid till the china bowl was empty. Placing the now empty bowl on the nightstand, I burry myself under the cover and try to sleep off this awful cold I have caught.

I hate rains!
.
.
.
.

"Wakey wakey, princess!"

I groaned and pulled the quilt over my head to block out the noise and the bright light.

Insensitive people.

"Princess?"

I felt the voice whisper above my head, so I raised my right arm and then smacked the person. Hard.

"Ouchiee!" The voice yelled in my ear.

"Shit baby? You alright?!" A feminine voice filled the air.

"Yes. I almost forgot how good she is at all this shady stuff."

Shady stuff ?

Me?!

Nah! I am as innocent as a cute little puppy.

"Wake up Ria!" the voice yelled, and I winced at the shrill sound.

Peeking from under the covers, I narrowed my eyes at the jolly couple sitting comfortably on my bed.