CHAPTER 12

Sometimes you gotta burn some bridges,
just to create some distance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ria's pov:-

"You seriously can't be this dumb! Even an idiot knows how to make an omelette.

"Well, I am not a bloody idiot Zeeve!"

"You're impossible," he shakes his head in disappointment which causes me to frown.

"Just do what I called you for,"

"You called me for comforting you, right? Maybe you were craving for a sexy cuddle partner?"

"Zeeve!"

"What? Kiss me if I am wrong," he smirked.

"Fuck off! I called you because I was hungry," I crossed my hands across my chest, "Now get to work."

"You could've ordered something,"

"I am very conscious about my calorie intake," I frowned.

That didn't sound really convincing.

"Seriously?" he asked.

"Does it look like I am kidding?"

"Uumm...no?"

"You have your answer," I said and pulled out the plate of cheese sandwitch and omelette from his hands.

Inhaling the delicious aroma, I gulped down the saliva in my mouth and licked my lips.

"Hey, that's mine!"

I could feel my eyebrows creasing together in an angry frown.

"Excuse me?"

"That's mine," he said and pointed at my plate, which is currently hidden behind my back.

"No!"

"What? You just said that you are conscious about your calorie intake! If I know right, cheese has a lot of calories."

"I-I. . .uhh I'll exercise! Yeah, I'll exercise later! Now piss off and let me eat in peace."

"No can do, darling," he said and poured some apple juice in a glass.

Darling?

Darling.

"Ria? Ria?!"

Snapping out of the wild thought in my brain, I shot him an annoyed look. "What?"

"Scoot over," he answered.

Scowling at him, I forced my ass to move towards the other end of the sofa.

"No so far Ria," he groaned from the other side.

"We stay like this or you get off my damn couch!"

"How about. . .neither?" The expression on his face would've been cute had I not been so annoyed at his previous antics.

"No!"

"Yes!" he yelled and jumped on me. A shriek left my lips and I barely managed to put the plate on the table before I felt a heavy weight land on top of me and Zeeve's scent enveloped me.

"Aaahhh! Get off me, you constipated hippo!" I yelled but in response he just kissed my cheek.

"Zeeve!" I scolded, but the guy is utterly shameless as he immediately bent down and stole another kiss.

"Do that one more fucking time-" I was cut off by a sloppy kiss on my cheek.

"Eww,"

Raising his head, he looked at me for a second and then frowned, "You were requesting me to kiss you, weren't you?"