CHAPTER 14

Come in close, because the more you think you see, the easier it'll be to fool you.

                           -Now you see me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ria's pov:-

"Slept well?" I nodded in response to Zeeve's question and snuggled further into the warm blanket, not completely done with sleeping yet.

"It's time to get up, love."

"I want to sleep," I mumbled and covered my head with the blanket.

"What about work?"

"Forget about it."

"And how are you going to earn money?"

"What are you here for then?" I pulled my head out of the blanket and smirked at his shocked expression.

Score!

"That was so rude Ria!"

"Disturbing a sleeping woman is considered rude as well," I answered and smiled slightly when I didn't hear a response.

No woman can ever lose an argument.

Just when I was about to fall asleep, the warmth and the coziness of the blanket was gone and I could feel the sharp pricks of the cold winter air on my skin.

"Why would you do that?!"

"Time to get up, princess."

"Noo! My house, my bed, my brain. I can do whatever I want to. Now, be a darling and return the blanket."

"Up right now, Ria!" his stern voice filled the air and I grumbled and sat on the bed.

I don't want to fight now that we're finally at peace with each other.

"Good. Now wait here for me," he said and disappeared into my closet and I narrowed my eyes behind his back.

Entering a lady's closet without permission? Not really polite.

"Put your right leg out," he said as he sat in crouched down in front of me on the floor.

Frowning lightly at his weird demand I put both my legs in front of his face and acted like I am going to kick him.

The scowl on his face made me giggle, but that soon turned into bubbles of laughter as he lightly tickled my feet.

"Don't do th-that!" I managed to speak in between laughs while trying to pull away from him at the same time.

"Fine. Just stay still now."

"Yeah," I answered and lay down on the bed, my feet dangling over the end.

When I felt something slide up my feet, I got up and leaned over to have a look.

"Don't want you catching a cold now, do we?"

I just smiled in response and jumped off the bed.

"Get dressed while I get the breakfast ready. Then we can leave together. Ok?"

"Ok."

Slipping my socks clad feet into my bunny slippers, I head to the bathroom.

After a quick shower, I wrap the robe around me and put on my socks again. Quick walking towards the closet, I start searching for an outfit.

About ten minutes later, I finally decide to put on the black knee-length dress and a pair of black sneakers.

Pulling out the black leather jacket from the hook, I hold it in front of the mirror.