CHAPTER 7

Why stop dreaming when you are awake?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ria's pov:-

A weird sense of déjà vu hit me as my eyes fluttered open. The same dark curtains and the soft bed greeted me as I stepped back into reality.

"Sleeping beauty is awake," the sarcasm in his voice pinched me.

"Piss off, Zeeve." I don't want to deal with him now. I can't.

He confuses me. His actions are unpredictable, uncertain. They turn me into this mushy puddle of confused feelings.

I hate feeling like that.

Rare are the days when my mood is not like that of an angry chimpanzee after waking up and today seems to be one of them.

I feel lost, weak, confused.

After struggling to make my place in this selfish society, why am I still imprisoned by him.

Money is power, isn't that what people say? Then why am I not powerful? Why did I feel so weak yesterday? Why can't I fight Zeeve?

I need more power.

"Thinking?"

Ignoring him, I push the heap blankets away.

"Where are you going?"

"Work." I walk past him to the door. My head is slightly spinning but it's nothing a cup of coffee can't fix.

"Stop right there, Ria." I turn to look at him with an eye-brow raised.

"You need to rest." He ordered again.

"You need to change your tone."

"I would love to tuck you in, darling. But, if you become too difficult to handle, I won't mind cuddling with you."

"There's no need for that. You mind your own buissness and I'll do the same."

Marching to where I was standing, he roughly pushed me against the door.

"Ouch! Let me go!" my eyes shut involuntarily as a searing pain rose up my spine.

"Nope," and in a second, my world was upside down.

"Put me down you hooligan!" I pounded my fist on his back, but it didn't seem to have any effect on him.

Dropping me on top of the warm blankets, he placed his hands on either sides of me, effectively trapping me in the process.

Alert! Alert! Alert!

Our breaths intermingeled as he stared at me. Ever so slowly, he brought his lips close to mine, deviating them to towards my jaw line at the last moment.

Leaving behind a sweet trail of butterfly kisses, he made his way to my left earlobe.

Shutting my eyes, bitting my lips, I tried to control the moans that were fighting to escape my mouth.