CHAPTER 13

There is always some madness, in love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ria's pov:-

"And your next meeting is with Mr. Ryan at twelve. That would be it until four," my assistant said.

"Anything else?" I asked, today is a very busy day.

"Nothing as of now," she answered and I nodded.

"Ok. Leave then."

"May I ask you something?"

Raising an eyebrow at her I nod, silently telling her to proceed.

"Who was the guy who dropped you off this morning?"

"Did I ever question you about your fuck-budy, miss whoever you are,"

"No ma'am. I apologise, I shouldn't have asked."

"Hmm, now leave," I ordered her.

Just as she was about to open the door, I stopped her. "What is your name?"

"Stella Wilson, ma'am," she answered.

"Well Stella, stop thinking about him. The guy is off-limits."

.
.
.
.

"That was so rude, Ria! Apologise when he returns," Paige said.

"Never," I answered in a bored tone.

"You were being rude when all he did was help you guys out."

"I don't see how someone is helping me out by stealing away my damn housekeeper!"

"He was requesting you to let him spend some time with his mother! And you said no to that! How cruel of you."

"I don't see how that helps me or Miranda in that case," I shrugged and brushed off the glare she was directing at me.

"Ria!"

"Stop yelling, idiot. And think about this, if a guy that pops out of nowhere claims to be your housekeeper's son, would you ever let the her go with the guy? The doctor said that Miranda is in shock right now. If we put her around strangers, it might not be good for her. Why the hell don't you guys understand that?!"

"Ria, I understand you only want her to get better, but he is not a stranger, he is her son. Her own flesh and blood! Nothing will happen to her. Plus, do you think she would want to go back to the house where she was attacked?"

"He is the same bloody son she didn't speak a word about in the last eleven years! He wants to take her back to Canada with him?! A different continent altogether! And if she isn't comfortable in the house, we can always buy a new one."

"You're impossible," she leaned back on the chair and rubbed her temples lightly.

"I am just being reasonable," I shrugged and ate the last bite of my chocolate pastry. "This is so good, I can have one more," I sighed, as the rich chocolate melted on my tongue, coating my mouth with a blissful flavour.

"Nope. One is more than enough. You should actually keep a check on your calorie intake," Paige said and pulled my empty plate towards her.

I raised an eyebrow and stared at her.

"You are saying that it is wrong when I enjoy a single slice of chocolate cake after eating a sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes with no cheese, while you had a burger with fries and then had two scoops of ice-cream."