Chapter 2

JAWAHIR

I  should start dropping the curtain before going to sleep, the sun is too bright.

I reached for my phone on the nightstand.

12:30 pm

What the.........

I stoop up abruptly, oh my gosh I'm dead.

I quickly took my bath and dressed up hurriedly, I wore a white turtle neck top with dark blue jeans, I picked my bag. Something is missing. Right, my kimono. I'm ready.

I quickly went down

I quickly went down. I met Mammie at the bottom of the stairs, ooh ooh

"Mammie I'm so sorry wallah I overslept and......." She cut me off.

"Haba Jawahir, I told you this the day after the sa rana of your sisters, it has been 4 days, and for Allah's sake what are you wearing." She's really angry.

"Uhm..."

"Don't stay there and be blabbering nonsense, go change and wear something presentable." She said sternly.

I hurriedly turn around to go back to my room, I heard her mumbling something like yarinya batasan ta girma ba.

I opened my wardrobe, what to wear?

"Wai baza kimana sauri ba; won't you hurry up" Mammie yelled.

Smh I don't even know where we are going, all she said was we are meeting Abu's old friend, I don't know if it's at his house or somewhere else. I quickly grabbed a black abaya to put on.

 I quickly grabbed a black abaya to put on

"Okay, I'm ready."

"Jaw you'll never change, when we were in school you're always the reason we're late and still here we are." That was Suhayla. I rolled my eyes.