Chapter 49

Back to school 😩😑💔

JAWAHIR

I woke up cuddled to a muscular chest, both of his arms wrapped around me and I'm tucked to his chest. I feel oddly protected. I looked around the room and noticed the light are off, the only source of light is from the window, where the sun is about to fall.

The dim light illuminated his face, I looked at him, like really look at him. I let my eyes absorb his looks, this is not my Aayan. My Aayn certainly didn't have wrinkles and dark circles, his skin was so healthy and smooth it glowed, literally. Now he looks wizened. Well he stopped being mine three months ago, now I have no idea who the man laying beside is.

I made a move to slip away but he tightened his hold on me, I knew he wasn't asleep. "Don't move," he said in a low murmur. Without replying, I made the move to push myself out of his hold again but he held on. "I'm never letting you go." He vowed.

"Aayan let me go," I protested weakly. "Never," he whispered, burying his face in my neck. "I wish you'd just listen to me love, please just listen to me," his lips moved on the flesh of my neck, the feeling of it uncomfortable.

"There's nothing to listen to Aayan, you've said everything you need to and I've seen everything I needed to see." This time I pushed him away with more force, he let me go. Unfortunately for me and fortunately for him, I don't have legs to move as I wish right now. I struggled to sit up and he was quick to help me but I whacked his hands away. With much difficulty, I sat down and put some distance between us.

I looked at wall clock on the wall and the time says 5'o'clock. "You should leave." I ordered with a stoic indifference to his presence. Aayan took a hold of my hands. "La tafeal hdha, lana, linafsuk; don't do this, to us, to yourself. Please, if you'd listen—

I snatched my hands away which shut him up mid sentence. "Haven't you said everything you want to say?" I spatted bitterly, the words he not so gently bruised, burned me with rang loudly in my head. "Then leave Mr Abbas, leave. You're not wanted here. I don't even want to see you, mere looking at you enrages me, I h—"

"—don't please," he pleaded in a hoarse voice. "I understand you're hurt, angry, confused, livid, furious and you have every single right to be Tesoro, but if you'd just let me explain please. Not for me, at least for you. You deserve to know, let me apologize and explain."

Flashes of what I saw crossed my mind, the conclusions I came with ringing in my head. A sob broke out from within me. "Tesoro?" Aayan panicked. I bawled, I don't even know why I'm crying. I just don't have a control of my emotions right now.

Aayan wrapped his arms around me, pulling me to his body. He placed his chin on top of my head, patting my back tenderly. "Shh habibty, shh baby I'm here. You're okay, you're okay."

"I'm not okay," I pushed him away. "I'm not okay, okay? I'm not! I'm not okay! Nothing makes sense, I don't know how to describe what I feel, I don't know how I feel. Nothing makes sense! I lost a child, a child I didn't even know existed. Everything is so blurry and overwhelming. Nothing is okay, I'm not okay!" I covered my face with my palms, shaking my head and kept repeating 'I'm not okay.'

Aayan pulled me back to his body. "Then let me take the pain away baby, let me make it better."

"How?" I cried. "How will you make it better?"