Chapter 53

Yes! I'm not dead.
I'm still alive!
I wanted to update believe me but I came down with a bad cold that I couldn't even stare at the screen for a few minutes without tears leaking from my eyes.
Then I got lost in reading 😍😍 haven't read in a looooooong while.

Ahh! Boy, were you all suprised😂💃🏻
Mission accomplished😎 no one saw it coming!

Finally!🥁🥁

The chapter we've all been waiting for!!

Tighten your seatbelts and hold on tight my beautiful people!!

You're in for one hell of a ride!!

Proceed with caution.
Some pretty heavy/ dark stuff in there ❌⚠️

Are you ready?!🔊🔊

Without any further ado, let's dive in!!

Not edited🙃😌

JAWAHIR

She's my wife.

She was my wife.

Wife.

Wife!

Wife!!

Wife!!!

The words kept ringing in my head. How does one react when her husband drops a heavy bomb like this on her? Not for once did the thought of her being his wife ever crossed my mind. It was mentioned, not even by mistake.

I married him as a widower.

Why was this piece of information hidden away from me? Does my Mammie and Abu know? Of course they would, they're best friends after all.

My scalp prickled with the newly found information. My mind kept conjuring up different scenarios. I pulled my body forward to stand up but a heavy weight brought me down, it was then I remembered that Aayan is gripping on me like a vice.

Last night, after he dropped that bomb he didn't say anything again, I didn't want him to either. I need time to process what he said. So I put him to bed, he wrapped himself up around me like a baby. Begging me not to leave him alone. My heart ached, I don't know where this fear and anxiety is coming from. I readjusted my sleeping position and that's how we slept, rather he slept, I couldn't close my eyes for a single second.

Now it's time to pray, I have to wake him up. I patted his cheeks softly. "Aayan wake up, it's time to pray." He mumbled something incoherently and buried his head deeper into my chest.

I sighed. I patted his cheeks again albeit this time a bit harder. "Wake up Aayan." His eyes snapped open, my heart clenched painfully. His eyes are red and swollen. Oh habibi.