Chapter One: The Beginning (Part One)

-Year 845-

"Look Sissy! I got you something," the young girl exclaimed tapping on her sister's shoulder.

The girl turned around smiling down at her, "A rose?" The wide eyed child nodded with an enormous smile plastered on her face. "Isn't is beautiful?" She asked handing it over. The other girl smiled but then it dawned her. "Where did you find this Elisa?" She asked hastily. Elisa pointed over at the garden down the street. The blue eyed girl face palmed and shook her head.

"What?" Elisa asked, her smile vanishing.

The girl opened her mouth but it wasn't her voice that spoke. "Alex! You better keep that girl away from my garden or next time the Military Police will be involved!" An old woman scolded.

"Don't worry! It wont happen again!" Alex promised smiling at the elder.

The woman shook her head. "Stupid orphan brats!" She mumbled walking away.

Alex frowned as she watched her walked back down to her small home. "Alex, what's an orphan?" Elisa asked looking at her sister. Alex smiled at her, "It's nothing. You don't need to worry about it." Elisa stared at her sister for a couple seconds questioning if she should try to ask again, but decided she shouldn't from the look on Alex's face. Instead, she smiled widely and giggled loudly. "Okay!" She chimed. "Why don't we go put this in a vase before it dies, eh?" Alex asked examining the white rose. Elisa nodded and followed her sister into their small household.

It was one of the smallest houses on the East side of Shiganshina. The Bellerose family was never the richest -- but at least they had money. Well, had.

Eric Bellerose went MIA months before Elisa was born. The French man was one of the Squad Leaders for the Scout Regiment. One of the best they would say, until his last expedition. No one saw anything, nor knew anything of what had happened. Three members of his squad found his horse, Gabby, tied up next to a thin tree. The horse was unharmed, but Eric was nowhere to be seen.

The rest of the squads tried looking for him, shouting his name as they rode around the outside walls on their horse. Eventually one the squad members found a piece of his shirt. They all knew it was his -- he was the only one that wore a dark blue shirt under the light brown jacket. But since there was no body, they marked Eric Bellerose MIA.

Marilyn Bellerose had no choice but to join the Military Police after the birth of her second child and death of her husband. She went straight to training, missing out on almost all of Elisa's firsts. First steps, first word, and even first Christmas. While she was away her young friend stayed and took care of the two children. Marilyn graduated as first of her fellow cadets and instantly joined the Military Police. It provided food and money her remaining family. Even though she didn't get to see her children often, it was better than watching them starve slowly in front of her very eyes. Every other week she would get visit her two daughters, and every time it seemed as if they were getting older, and taller. 

In year 841 Marilyn also went MIA while she was dangerously patching up a weak spot on the outside wall. Usually the Garrison Regiment would have one of their own do it, but Marilyn got offered a good amount of money along with three weeks off. She took the job -- only thinking of her daughters faces when she told them she would be staying for three weeks instead of three days. But she didn't think of the dangers of the job. There were two different theories of what happened; her grapple cord snapped causing her to fall into the Titan's custody for them to eat; or a taller that usual Titan grabbed her while she was doing her job. Unfortunately no one saw it, the only evidence was her grappling hook plunged inside the wall and half of the cord. 

Now, four years later the orphan children are barely surviving on the left over cash from their beloved mother. That, and along with whatever Alex had gotten from pick pocketing. Their mother always told them to stay away from the underground, and the people involved with it. But every once and awhile Alex would go down there to pickpocket. Since she was so short and quick, no one ever noticed her. 

Alex placed the rose in a baby blue vase that their father had gotten their mother on their second anniversary. "Oooh! Can I fill it with water?" Elisa asked excitedly tugging at her sisters dress. Alex smiled and nodded, handing the vase over carefully. "Just be careful," she said as Elisa smiled walking out the door. 

Only being ten, Alex had learned to grow up quickly to provide for her younger sister. Smiling to herself, she decided she should start dinner. Opening the cabinet she found two piece of almost stale bread and some left over sliced ham from last night. She sighed, taking the items out and closing the cabinet door. That's all they ever had really -- bread sometimes with butter, or even meat. One time they even go their hands on cream made with all types of sweet flavors. 

The black haired girl tore the two pieces of bread into four parts, then placed the thinly sliced ham on them and made them two again. Suddenly a loud noise emerged from the door and Alex's head instantly snapped over to see what it was. Elisa had ran back from the stream and opened the door quickly, and tripped over her own left foot. The water filled vase flew out of her hands as her face got closer to the floor. Almost as quick as lightning, Alex caught the vase gracefully; not letting a single drop of water out of the vase. 

"Ow," Elisa said as she lifted her head up and rubbed her nose. "That's what you get for not paying attention," Alex scolded. Then sat the vase on the wooden table. The long haired girl opened her mouth to say something but instead of her voice the sound of bells rang through the air. "Sissy! That means the Scout Regiment is back!" Elisa said excitedly. "Yeah, so?" Alex said her face unchanged. "They're gonna open the front gate!" The six year old smiled. "Can we go? Can we go?" She added on staring at her sister with big hopeful eyes. Alex sighed then nodded. "Sure," she said wrapping the sandwiches up for later. "Yay!" Elisa said grabbing her sister's hand and pulling her toward the gathered crowd. Alex flinched at the amount of people as they squeezed through them to the front. The front gate opened loudly, and horses with injured people flooded through them.

"They're the only ones who made it back?" A voice whispered in the crowd.

"Everyone else must've gotten eaten." Another said.

"This is what they get for going outside the walls," said another.

"Moses! Moses!" A woman said walking to one of the men with a Scouts uniform on. "Excuse me.. I don't see my son Moses anywhere.. Do you know where he is?" She asked taking a step closer to the man. "This is Moses mother," the man explained, "go get it."

The woman stepped back widening her eyes as one of the men walked away then came back with something wrapped around in a bloody cloth. The woman stared at it with fright, then unwrapped it to reveal a bloody and bruised arm. She gasped and covered it back up staring at it as her eyes started to water.

"It's all we could retrieve," the man said emotionless.

The woman broke down falling to her knees as she hugged the wrapped arm of her son. "But my son.. He was helpful, yes?" She asked staring at the dirt. "Even if he didn't achieve direct greatness.. surely my son's death helped humanity fight back, yes?!" She yelled looking the man in the eyes.

The man seemed taken back, "Of course!" Then he titled his head down. "No.. On this latest scouting mission, we.. No.. Just like all the other missions.. we achieved nothing at all!" He yelled then continued yelling.

Alex looked at her younger sister but Elisa just looked straight at the scene in front of them. Then the man stood up straight and started walking forward, the rest of the Scout Regiment following.

"Come on Elisa, lets go back home," Alex said tugging on Elisa's sleeve. Elisa looked at Alex and nodded.

"Do you still want to join the Scout Regiment?" Alex asked as they continued walking home. Elisa nodded, "I want to be just like Daddy!" Alex let out a breath. "You can be like Mom and join the Military Police where it's safe," she explained. Elisa stopped walking and thought about it. "I-I don't know," she said. Alex smiled, "You already look like Mom, so why not just join the Military Police?" Elisa's eyebrows furrowed and she shook her head. "I want to see the outside world. I bet it's beautiful!" She smiled looking up at the sky.

"She's only six, her mind will change when she gets older," Alex assured herself.

They arrived at their house and Elisa ran straight to the old swing their father made for Alex when he was alive. It hung down from the tall oak tree in their backyard. Elisa grabbed onto the rope and ran forward, jumping on the seat at the right time. Smiling widely she spun around in big circles giggling loudly. Alex laughed and walked over to the swing and pushed her sister.

A loud crash and the sight of lightning suddenly happened, knocking everyone off their feet. Elisa slipped off the swing and unpleasantly landed with a loud cry. Alex stood up and ran to her crying sister. "My-my ankle," she wailed. Alex looked at Elisa's ankle. It was twisted in the wrong way making Alex want to throw up at the sight of it. "I-It hurts!" Elisa cried into her hands.

Alex ran into the house grabbing a cloth then damped it with cold water then rushed back outside. "Put this on it, it'll help numb the pain. I'll be right back, I'm going to see what the loud noise was. Stay here," Alex said handing the wet cloth to Elisa. Elisa nodded. Alex smiled at her sister then turned around and ran to where the sound came from. A lot of other people did too, all wanting to know what the sound was.

Everyone stopped and stared dumbfounded at the top of the wall. Not a noise came out of anyone. They all just.. stared with wide eyes and open mouth. There, at the top of the wall was a skinless red hand. Titan steamed rose from where it was. "B-But the wall is fifty meters high! That-that can be what I think it is!" A woman yelled. Slowly a head rose above the wall. It was red, skinless, with a big mouth. Steam escaped out of it's teeth as it shifted it's eyes observing the inside of the walls. It's head bent down slightly as it brought it's leg back; then it kicked the front gate in. The gate went flying into the town followed by a lot of wind. Boulders smashed people; buildings started falling. Alex stood there as the strong wind blew her hair back. She couldn't believe it. A hundred years safe within the walls, why couldn't it just stay that way? 

"They're inside!" A man yelled. Screams of all kinds rang through the air. Men, woman, and children cries were heard. Everyone started running the opposite side, to the inner walls. Reality took hold of Alex and she started running towards her house; towards where the titans were pouring in. She turned a sharp corner and ran her fasted, pushing through the screaming people.

"Elisa!" She yelled running over to her now fallen house. The large tree that once stood in their backyard is now laying on the small home. Alex's eyes searched quickly around where she had left Elisa. There. Elisa lied on her stomach on the grass. On top of her was one of the walls that once stood. "I-I can't feel anything!" Elisa cried. Alex rushed over to her and tried lifting up the wall, but it was no use. The wall was make out of stone and wood, it was too heavy for her to lift.

Tears ran down the cheeks of both girls. Alex grabbed Elisa's right hand and held it tightly as she looked into her eyes. Elisa looked over at her left hand that was balled in a fist. She opened it to reveal a slightly crumbled white rose. More tears streamed down Alex's face. "Promise you'll always keep this?" Elisa's hoarse voice asked as she placed the rose in her sister's possession.

"W-what are you talking about? We're going to get out of here!" Alex yelled shoving the rose in her pocket then pulling on Elisa's arms. Loud stomps vibrated the ground, each step growing louder, stronger, closer.

"Go Sissy! Run!" Elisa cried.

"No! I'm not leaving you!" Alex yelled as the Titan got closer and closer. Suddenly someone grabbed her and pulled her away form her sister. She yelled at the stranger telling them to put her down.

"It's either one of you live or both of you die!" The man yelled and started running away with Alex. Alex struggled out of the man's grasp and fell to the ground. "You stupid girl!" The man cursed as Alex stood up.

Her eyes widened in fear and sadness as a six meter Titan picked up Elisa's limp body. The Titan had short blond hair, with big black eyes and a twisted smile. Half of the smile had skin; the other was just teeth. It seemed as if time stopped. Elisa turned her head to face Alex in the titan's grasp.

"I'll wait for you on the other side, Sissy." She mouthed with that sweet enormous smile of hers. Tears flowed down her pink cheeks as the Titan lifted her towards it's mouth.

Then it ate her. 

--------

Hello! This is the first story I've written in a long time, so I'm a bit rusty. Sorry if it isn't that good :x It's one in the morning so yeah ._. I have some plans for this story so don't leave just yet c; Also this isn't just a Levi fanfic, there will be moments with other people too cx And if you want, you can just imagine you're Alex since I didn't make this Reader x Levi but hopefully later on I'm planning on making a Reader x Various :D So stay tuned xD And I know that it's rumored that Levi is supposed to be 30 or something but let's just pretend he's.. 21? Something like that. And I'm not going to follow the story line word for word, cause why would I do that? That's boring. All of you have probably watched the anime and most must've read the manga, so why re-write everything?

Anyways, sorry if there are any mistakes in grammar or punctuation just comment where it's at and I'll fix it! Comment what you think? Thanks loves <3

P.S for Wattpad readers, this story is orginially on my Quotev account ( www.quotev.com/sorrythatimnotperfect ) and I'm basically using this site for a back up xD So yeah but I will update every chapter on here so don't worry.