Chapter Sixteen: Awkward Moments & Edgar The Titan

"The old Scout Regiment headquarters. Just as you'd expect from an renovated old castle, it looks fancy an all. But being so far away from the wall and river, is wound up being totally useless for the Scouts. That was back in the earlier days, when everyone had high hopes. Still, to think that this over-sized decoration would end up as the perfect place for holding you two now," said a man with light brown hair. Alex rolled her eyes at him. 

"Don't get cocky, rookie," the man said noticing Alex's eye roll. 

"Fuck off," Alex said bluntly and kept staring forward. The horse she was riding looked exactly like the one Elisa wanted. Dark brown with long caramel hair. It was not doubt gorgeous -- it just sadden Alex a little bit whenever she looked down at it.

The annoying man leaned in Alex's face, "Look, I dunno if you're a witch or not, but don't assu-"

"Get out of my face. Your breath smells like shit and you're annoying as hell," Alex said looking forward. The man opened his mouth and was about to say something but then his teeth came down on his tongue. He bit it hard enough to make it bleed. Alex gave him a disgusted look while Eren looked surprised.

"You're also an idiot."

*    *    *

"Talking on a horse is a guaranteed way to bite your tongue," said the honey colored haired girl. 

"First impressions are important. I had that rookie scared stiff," the annoying man from earlier said. Alex rolled her eyes and watched him with bored eyes. Eren burst out laughing, "Yeah, right!" The man glared at him causing Eren to look away and go back to his horse. Alex had learned the girl's name was Petra, but she didn't bother listening to the man's name. Nor did she care. He was annoying; end of story.

"This place is filthy," Levi complained walking in the center of attention. He held up some white face cloths, "Cleaning time."

Alex mentally groaned. She hated cleaning. It just wasn't her thing. She didn't mind if things got dirty, unless it was really dirty then it might bug her in the slightest. Levi threw the cloths at all the soldiers except Alex. Alex raised an eyebrow.

"You're on dishes duty."

*     *     *

Alex stared at the dusty box full of dusty dishes. They were from when the Scout Regiment actually used this headquarters. Alex sighed and sat down in the chair next to the table and stared at the dusty box. She had gotten her ring back after the trial ended, which she was glad for. It felt weird not wearing it on her finger. She stared at the dishes inside the box and tried concentrating. 

"Why can't you just clean yourself," Alex mumbled setting her head down on the table. She was tried -- sleep has not been on her side for the past couple of days. She didn't know why, but every night her mind decided to question anything and everything and pushed away sleep. 

"Why aren't these done yet?" 

Alex knew who the cold voice belonged to. None other than the famous Captain Levi. "I don't know. Ask them," Alex mumbled keeping her eyes closed. Levi narrowed his eyes at her and walked over to her. He grabbed her hair and pulled her head back to face him. Alex smirked, "I didn't know you were kinky like that." Levi gave her a disgusted look then let go of her head causing Alex to laugh really hard. The face he made amused her like no other, it was pointless to let a good laugh go to waste. Alex calmed down and wiped a fake tear from her eye and looked up at the Captain. 

"I'd rather die than clean," she said seriously then stood up only for Levi to place a hand on her shoulder and sit her back down again. She let out an annoyed groan. "You like cleaning, right? Why don't you do it?" Alex asked tiredly. 

"Because I ordered you to do them," Levi stated staring at the black haired girl. She looked up at him with tired eyes, "Oh?"

"And I'm going to stand here and watch you do them until they're all clean and spotless," Levi said with a smirk. Alex narrowed her eyes at him and stood up. She grabbed the box and dumped the dirtied dishes into the sink. It was already filled with soapy warm water, so she didn't have to go fetch any water. She lazily grabbed a rag and began scrubbing at a bowl. Alex then held it up and faced Levi, "There. One down. Happy?"

"No. It's not clean at all. Do it again," Levi answered. Alex glared at him and turned around to do it again. "I really do hate you," she stated scrubbing at the bowl.

"You're still doing it wrong," Levi whispered in her ear making the hair on her next stick up. The warmth of his breath lingered on her shoulder as she continued scrubbing the bowl. "I'm sorry I don't live up to your expectations. That just proves I shouldn't be doing them then," Alex said trying to get out of doing them. She dropped the rag and bowl in the sink and lift her hands up from the warm water. Levi stood strong behind her and grabbed her hands then shoved them under the water again.

"Don't touch me."

Levi made her hands grab the bowl and rag.

"I don't like being touched."

He began guiding her hand on how to clean in correctly.

"This is assault. I could get you thrown in jail."

He lifted up the bowl and showed her it,"Now this is clean."

Alex turned her head and glared at the Captain.

*    *    *

"Mind if I borrow Alex?" Hanji asked sticking head into the kitchen. Levi had stuck to his word and watched her clean the dishes -- correctly. Levi lifted his head and looked at the girl with glasses. "Sure." Hanji smiled and grabbed Alex's hand then dragged her outside of the castle. "Where are we going?" Alex asked raising an eyebrow. 

"You've heard about the three Titans we captured, right?" Hanji asked looked back at Alex. 

Alex nodded, "Yeah, why?"

A smile crept on Hanji's face. "I want your help with them." Hanji continued dragging Alex until they arrived at the camp they had set up for the three captured Titans. "Don't freak out or anything, they're chained up tight," Hanji explained. Alex nodded and followed her through the gate. Two guards stared at her as she walked past them and Alex glared at them. 

"Okay, here they are! Sawney, Bean, and Edgar!" 

Alex's eyes widened as she looked up at the blonde haired, black eyed, twisted smiled Titan. 

It was the Titan who ate her sister.

-----------------------------------
This chapter is a little bit shorter, but since the last chapter was the longest one in the story so far I guess it's fair. 
Anyways, I'll be away from my beloved computer from Friday to Tuesday -inserts crying sad face- Because I'll be visiting a friend from my old town for five days so I could be able to write any updates so I have to write them ahead of time ugh. I'm going to work all day and write the next six chapters for Thursday to Tuesday. So much writing dayum.

Anyways.

QOTD! (I've decided to do this on every chapter now)

What do you think will happen next?
Thoughts on this chapter?
What did you think about the little Levi x Alex moment?
What do you think of the Titan who ate her sister 'Edgar'?

 -Sorry if there were any mistakes -