Chapter Forty-Four: On Our Way

"Just tell us where she's at, Holly." Reiner demanded after Holly turned around. Holly smirked and rolled her eyes. "Nope." She said popping the 'p.' Reiner growled and grabbed the collar of her shirt, lifting her off her feet. "Look, I don't know why or how you even know about this stuff but all we need to know if where she is," Reiner snarled. 

"Why should I tell you?" Holly sneered with a scowl. Bertholdt glanced around to make sure no one was around since both Reiner's and Holly's voices were slightly raised down. "Do save the rest of humanity, obviously." Reiner snapped and tightened his grip on her shirt. Holly let out a chuckle, that soon turned into a full on laugh. 

Both boys stared at her in confusion. "What's so funny?" Bertholdt asked, pure confusion spread across his face. Holly looked over at him and died down her laugh. "Aren't you two the ones that killed twenty percent of it?" Holly asked with a smug looked on her face. 

Bertholdt's and Reiner's eyes widened and they both glanced at each other worriedly. "How do you know if was us, huh?" Reiner asked. Holly sighed and rolled her eyes. "I know more than you think, Armored Titan." 

"Just tell us where Alex is!" Reiner shouted, frustrated. 

"No can do. Everything all set, she's agreed to lift the curse. Soon, my brother will get all his powers and the Schroeder's name will be to most powerful once again," Holly smirked. 

"Wait.. brother?" Bertholdt asked, still confused. Holly smiled and let out a chuckle. "Half brother, his father had the curse." 

"I'm going to report all of this to Captain Levi," Reiner said. Holly raised an eyebrow. 

"Oh? I wouldn't do that if I were you. I know your guys' little secret too," Holly said with a winning smirk. Bertholdt seemed to notice her liking of smirking. "Why are you doing this? You have no reason to." Reiner asked, his voice lowering. 

"Oh, but I do. Once my brother becomes ruler I'll be right by his side. What would you call it? Princess. And then Levi won't be able to say no to me," Holly explained. Reiner's jaw tightened along with his grip. "That won't happen if he dies," he says. 

"He won't. My brother will make sure of that. That was our deal," Holly shot back. "You're so pathetic, you know that? Captain would never like a girl as selfish and stupid as you. I should just kill you right here, right now." Reiner growled. 

"Do it. I dare you." Holly urged. Reiner gritted his teeth and raised a fist, but Bertholdt quickly acted and pushed it down. "If you kill her, we won't get any information out of her," he explained. Reiner stared at him for a couple of seconds before dropping Holly to the ground. She let out a whimper when she fell to the floor but quickly played it off and stood up. 

"I hope you guys understand that there's no way to stop it now. The curse will be lifted any minute now," Holly smiled then turned on her heal. Bertholdt quickly grabbed both of Reiner's arms to hold him back as Holly trotted away. "Don't worry, we'll find a way," he assured even though he couldn't believe his words himself.

*      *      *

"And you guys are serious?" Levi asked after a long moment of silence. Armin and Mikasa both nodded their heads and kept a straight face. They both just told Levi their theory about Holly and how they think she knows something about Alex. Although they could be completely off, it was still something they couldn't just look over.

Especially Levi.

Since Alex has been away he'd confirmed his feelings towards her. Yes, feelings. He's human; he still has them. He's just better at hiding them. Probably one of the best. He didn't want it to happen, but it happened. It was official, he liked Alex. After Holly had asked him the question and he replied with 'I don't know,' he went in his office and thought about it for a long time. A really long time.

Levi gritted his teeth and swore under his breath. He felt so stupid, so blind. All along, the person who continued to try and help was apart of it. "I've followed her to this one place before after noticing her behavior. I tried to get in, but there were guards all over the place," Mikasa spoke up. Armin's eyes widened.

"Mikasa! You didn't tell me that!" He gasped. Mikasa side glanced him, but didn't respond. 

"Do you remember where it is?" Levi asked eagerly and with wide eyes. Armin frowned in confusion as to why the captain was so eager. Mikasa nodded. "Yes, I could lead you guys there." 

"I'll round up everyone. You guys find Holly and knock her out then tie her up and put her in one of the cellars in the basement, got it?" Levi asked putting on the last of his gear. The two cadets saluted, "Yes, sir!" Levi nodded his head towards the door. "Now get going." 

Armin and Mikasa nodded and quickly walked out of the room. Levi came out not long after and walked down the opposite way they went. "Do you have any idea where she might be?" Armin asked and Mikasa shook her head. "I think we should split up and try finding her, I'd be our best chance." 

Armin nodded in agreement and took a left while Mikasa took a right. Armin, already giving up, sighed and slumped against the wall. He felt so hopeless, he couldn't find her. Maybe Mikasa already found her? 

"Armin? What wrong?" A familiar voice asked with concern. Armin's eyes shot open and he looked straight at Holly. Armin quickly straightened his poster and glared at her. Holly looked at him with confusion as he started closing in on her.

"Armin? What are you doing?" Holly asked confusingly. Armin put both thumbs on her presser points. "I'm sorry Holly, but you deserve this," he said before applying pressure to them. Holly's body when limp and slid down the wall. Armin sighed and removed his hands from her head. 

"What did you do?" Armin looked over to see a wide eyed Eren. Armin's eyes widened and he quickly tried to find the words to say. "Armin! Why did you do that!" Eren asked, raising his voice. Suddenly Mikasa was beside him cover his mouth with her hand. 

"Holly knew where Alex was and was a part of her disappearance. Captain told us to knock her out then drag her to the cellars. We know where Alex is and we're going to be leaving soon to retrieve her," Mikasa explained bluntly then detached her hand from Eren's mouth. 

"W-What?" Ern stuttered, obviously not believe what he was just told. 

"Just help me carry her," Mikasa ordered and grabbed Holly's arms. Eren slowly nodded and walked over to her legs then bent down and grabbed them. "Armin, find Captain and tell him we did it." Mikasa said. Armin nodded and quickly went to find Levi. 

"Sir, we successfully knocked her out and locker her up," Armin said as he saluted to Levi who was getting on his horse along with the other members of the Survey Corps. It was dark out, so it was hard to see. But some of the soldiers had lanterns with them which helped out a little bit. 

"Good. Get on your horse, once Ackerman shows up we'll be leaving." Levi said boldly. Armin nodded and walked over to his horse and got on it. Not long after he saw Mikasa and Eren running down to the stable. They both got on their horses in a flash and before Armin knew it, the whole Survey Corps was following Mikasa to save Alex.

----------------------

This chapter is so fucking bad xD oml

I'm sorry.

I kind of rushed it, but honestly I just want this story to be over so I can get on with the romance. I originally planned to have a lot more romance in this story but I guess that didn't happen. So it's more of how Levi and Alex met and figured out their feelings about each other and all the shit that happens along the way.