Chapter Twenty-Nine: Fight With The Female Titan (Part One)

"We got through surprisingly easily.." Eren trailed off, only to be shushed by Mikasa. The five teenagers walked down the empty street. Four of them -- Alex, Armin, Eren and Mikasa -- wore green raincoats that hid their gear, and a small brown backpack over their shoulders. Annie was the only one in a uniform; but that was alright. She was Military Police -- she had no reason to hide anything. Armin had successfully gotten Annie to go along with the plan and 'help' them escape. 

"Let's just hope they don't notice Jean and Sabrina took our places. That definitely won't last for long. He and I look nothing alike, and her and Alex don't really either," Eren said. Jean had taken Eren's place, only having to put on a brunette wig. Sabrina was another soldier, Alex had only met her when they talked about the plan. She was short enough to disguise as Alex, and had somewhat similar blue eyes. All she had to so was put on a black wig. 

"It'll be fine," Armin assured looking back at the doubtful boy, "You and Jean both have the same sort of mean, nasty look to you. And Sabrina does a good bored yet intimidating look that Alex has. No offense."

"I don't have his horseface!" Eren exclaimed. "Just shut the fuck up, damn." Alex said, obviously annoyed about his complaining. "Say.. How were you planning to get over the wall if I hadn't agreed to help?" Annie asked looking back at the group.

"We were going to barge through using our gear," Armin said, quickly thinking of something. Leave it up to the smart one to think of something somewhat reasonable. 

'That's crazy. Couldn't you have just escaped before reaching Stohess to avoid all this trouble in the first place? Why'd it have to be here and now?" Annie questioned. Alex eyed the blonde who walked in front of here. "Is she suspecting..?" Alex thought with a frown. All the walking she had been doing lately has really done a number on her injured stomach. Despite what the doctor had said, she was still moving around a lot.

"I felt this town's complex layout would make our body double ploy more likely to succeed. Plus, acting dutifully and keeping their defenses down will buy us far more time to escape than head-on opposition would," Armin explained. Annie looked forward, "I see. Good point."

"Oh! Over here," Armin exclaimed running over to the abandoned tunnel entrance. The rest followed behind him. 

"Here?" Annie asked looking down at the dark underground tunnel.

"Yeah. We're going through here. It's what left of an underground city they were planning to make. It leads to the vicinity of the outer gate," Armin explained as him, Alex, Eren, and Mikasa walked down the dusty steps.

"Really? That's amazing," Eren stopped and turned around to see Annie still standing at the top of the steps, "Annie? Oh, man. Don't tell me you're afraid of the dark, cramped places or something."

"Yes, I am. I doubt a brave, suicidal maniac like you would understand how a delicate damsel feels," Annie said. Alex snorted, "Any damsel who can flip a grown man twice her size upside down isn't delicate at all. Shut up, and hurry!" Alex's face went back to being serious and cold as she turned to walk down the steps again.

"No. I'm not going. I'm afraid to go down there. I'm not helping unless we stay above ground," Annie said not bothering to move. 

"Quit being stupid! Just get down here! Stop screwing around!" Eren shouted at her.

"Eren! Don't shout!" Mikasa scolded staring at the brunette.

"I'm sure it's fine, Mikasa. Because, for some reason, this whole area has been completely deserted for awhile now," Annie said and Alex knew she had caught on. She wasn't stupid -- if she was, she wouldn't have graduated in the top ten. Annie was smart, and skilled. Alex wasn't surprised if she knew something was up. 

"Man.. That really hurts. At what point did you start looking at me that way.. Armin?" Annie asked. Armin was hiding the flare behind his coat, and his hand was shaking from nervousness. 

"Annie.. Why did you have Marco's gear? It had all the same scrapes and bumps. I could tell, because I'd helped him maintenance on it," Armin said staring up at the blonde.

"Yes. I found it and took it," Annie confessed.

"Then, those three Titans we captured alive.. Was it you who killed them?" Armin asked. 

"Who knows. But if that's what you suspected one month ago, why didn't you say anything then?" Annie asked, still looking away from the group of four. Alex was staring daggers at her, while Mikasa was glaring.

"Even now I can hardly believe it. I just wanted to believe I had it all wrong. That's why I didn't.." Armin trailed off and looked down with gritted teeth, "Still.. Back then, the fact you didn't kill me is why we're in this situation now."

Annie let out a breath as the wind blew in her blonde hair. "Yeah, I agree with all my heart. I never imagined you'd end up cornering me like this. Why didn't I do anything then?" Annie said, mumbling the last part to herself.

"Hold on, Annie! There's still a chance you're going along with all this as part of some horrible, idiotic joke! Just get down here! There's something you can prove just by coming down here! Just come down here and prove it!" Eren shouted walking up a couple of steps.

"I can't go down there. I'm a failed warrior," Annie said looking down.

"I'm being serious here! This isn't funny!" Eren shouted, obviously still not wanting to believe it.

"Talk to us, Annie! We can still discuss this as-"

"I'm tired of listening to this shit," Alex said coldly ripping off her coat. Mikasa followed along and did the same, then pulled out one of her blades; ready to attack. 

"It's pointless," Mikasa agreed glaring at Annie.

"We're going to carve you up again, Female Titan," Alex said, pulling out both of her swords. Annie closed her eyes and looked down, then did something none of them expected.

Laughed.

They all stared at her with anger as she continued to laugh. "Armin.. It's nice I could be a 'good person' for you. For now, you've won your bet. But.. my bet, begins now!" Annie said with a grin on her face then brought her hand to her mouth to bite on it. Immediately, Armin pulled out the flare gun and shot it past the crazy blonde. As soon as he pulled the trigger, disguised soldiers came running at Annie, grabbing her hands and feet then putting a gag over her mouth.

Eren gasped, about to run up the stairs but Mikasa put a hand to his face, "Eren!"

Alex looked over at the struggling blonde, but her eyes traveled to her silver ring. A small, but sharp enough needle shot out of it, and Alex knew that was just what Annie need to transform. Alex's eyes widened and she quickly grabbed a hold of the back of Armin's coat then pulled him down the flight of stairs just as Mikasa did with Eren. Both boys shouted out the names of the girls in surprise and question. 

"It's too late, she had a ring with a needle in it," Alex explained just as Annie cut herself and caused the soldiers around her to fly in the air and scream out. A bright flash of lightning filled the darkness only for a second before disappearing.  A loud explosion followed right after the bright light, they all knew she had transformed.

The front of the tunnel was now splattered with the blood of the innocent, and there was a dead body buried beneath the rubble. Both Eren and Armin stared at it with wide eyes while Mikasa and Alex looked away unfazed. "Oh my god!" Armin said looking at the limp body. Right after he said that, a large hand smashed into one of the walls in the tunnel. The four Survey Corps soldiers quickly reacted and started running away from it as it moved around the corner and tried reaching for them.

"Damn! That ring! She saw through my ruse form the start! She knew this was an ambush all along! There had to be some other way!" Armin shouted. 

"Save your sorrowful regrets for when this is over. Annie is a traitorous bitch, and there's nothing we can do about it," Alex said coldly and bluntly, but truthfully. 

"What do we do now?" Mikasa asked looking at Armin for an answer.

"We must join up with Squad Three and get up above ground. After that, it's Plan Two. We fight Annie, the Female Titan. Eren, we need you to turn into a Titan as planned and help us capture her. And Alex, stay close to Eren but far enough so you won't get smashed and use your shield when it's an emergency or really important. I know it doesn't stay up for long, and that it uses a lot of your energy, so that's why I'm saying you should only use it when absolutely needed. You guys can do that, right?" Armin asked looking at the two abnormal teenagers for an answer.

"Yeah," they both said together.

"Hey!"

They all looked up to see a member from Squad Three. "It's Squad Three!" Armin shouted, pointing out the obvious.

"The first capture plan failed?!" The man asked putting his hand down. "It failed! Please proceed to Plan Two!" Armin shouted, but quickly stopped running towards the man and gasped as Annie's large Titan foot came down on Squad Three and crushed them. The rest of the group stopped running and braced themselves for the strong wind that blew inside the tunnel. 

"She stomped right through?" Armin asked as the dust cleared up and Annie lifted up her foot. "We have to rescue them!" Eren shouted and went to walk over to the rubble. "Eren! Stay back," Mikasa ordered grabbing his hood and pulling him back. 

"They're already dead. There's no point in trying to save them," Alex said walking away from the rubble. "That damn female.. She'd let Alex and Eren die?!" Mikasa asked angrily.

"She gambled. She opened a hole, gambling that they wouldn't be killed. It's a reckless move, but it makes her more dangerous," Armin explained and started running again, "Annie will stop at nothing to take Alex and Eren away!"

The group of four slowed down and squatted in the middle of the two holes to discuss a plan. "She'll attack us the moment we try to use our gear to zoom out. But unless we do-" He was cut off by another loud sound from their left and a lot of dust, she had gambled again.

"She'll crush us if we stay in here," Alex finished for him. Eren stood up, "I'll get you guys out! Like the time I stopped the cannon! Follow me!"

Eren grabbed the three of them and pulled them close to him. Alex rolled her eyes and glared at him for touching her. "Stay close!" Eren ordered then bit his hand. Blood spattered out of it, but nothing happened. Eren let out sounds of pain and tried to bite harder, "Come on! Not again!" Eren dropped to his knees and put his hands on his head, "Dammit! Not now!"

"You can't turn into a Titan without a clear objective. Try again with a powerful image in your mind," Armin suggested looking at Eren with concern. "I'm trying, but.." Eren stopped mid-sentence and tried biting into his hand again, only to create more blood and pain. 

"Are you really? You still can't believe that Annie is actually the Titan that kill all our comrades? And that's holding you back from fighting the bitch, right? What did you just see before your eyes? Hm?" Alex asked in a low voice. Eren frowned, "Shut up! I'm doing my best!" Another bite, but only more blood. 

"I have a plan," Armin said, pulling out his swords, "Mikasa and I will go out simultaneously. From that hole and the front entrance. Annie will react to one or the other. When she does, you two escape from the other way." Armin pulled his hood up and went to run out. "Wait! That means one of you is going to die!" Eren shouted.

"If we stay here, all four of us are going to die!" Armin argued. "Mikasa! Take position!" 

"Okay, I'll take the front!"

Both soldiers started running in opposite directions, "Mikasa! Armin! How are you able to fight?!" 

"They don't have a fucking choice Eren. Now man up!" Alex spat at him. He was honestly getting on her nerves -- he just didn't understand the situation. "You can't save everyone," Alex's voice calmed down and she stared at the brick wall. Eren stared at her with wide eyes. 

"And you should know that. Now c'mon," Alex's voice was back to it's cold and demanding self. 

But before either of them could react, a crash came coming down from right above them.

-------------------------------------------
Sorry I didn't update yesterday x.x
I was doing family stuff bleh >.<
But I might update later tonight to make up for it.
And sorry if this is just basically writing what happened in the anime lately, it's just a lot of action and well yeah, but the next chapter should be the end of the anime and I'll go on with the rest by using my imagination (decided not to go along with the manga cause I'm too fucking lazy for that shit) 

Anyways check out my new One-Shot called Jealous (just go to my profile)