The Walls (Part 3)

Minho

I told him. Yesterday I told my best friend I liked him. Well not really, I told him I liked someone, but it was obvious who I liked. I mean, he's like the only one I talk to here besides Alby, who is now too busy to talk.
  Anyway, I get to test out some greenies today for the job of runner. I was setting up the track all of yesterday and me and Newt we're finally ready. We were going to go until ether the walls close or their are 4 shanks left. Newts idea, not mine.

  At the end of the day, their were 6 left standing. I was very surprised. I'm not going to name them, because they will probably be dead to the monsters that live out in the maze soon anyway.
  So the next day, we were all at the East Wall entrance, well, all the runners that made it anyway. "Guys listen up!" I scream to the runners. Everyone turns their attention to me. "So for the first month or so, we will be putting you guys in pairs so you can keep each other safe, hopefully. Just pair up quickly and yeah." Newt is immediately at my side, because we both mentally just team up anyway. "Let's go!" I say and we all go in and split up.

About 2 hours in, me and Newt decide to take a quick break. We have some water and a few bites of a sandwich and jus relax. Then we get up and run some more. I don't realize how long we have been running until it's time to go.
"Newt, we should start heading back." I look up for my watch and realize he is looking straight in front of us, his eyes wide in fear. "What's wrong?" I ask, afraid to look. He still stands their, frozen in fear. Just look, Minho. I look, and standing before us is the most terrifying monster I've ever seen. And I haven't seen a lot, as far as I can remember.
I try mapping out a plan. Then I just think, just run, and I do so. I breathe, and scream to Newt, "run!" And we both wiped around and ran as fast as our legs could carry us. I ran in the direction on the glade, so we wouldn't get lost, and I got an idea. I saw that there were vines leading up the walls, and so I grabbed newt suddenly and pulled him over to the wall and started climbing fast. He followed suit.
We got to the top and I thought well why don't we just do this to find our way out! But now is not the time to be looking for a way out. Now is the time to get away from the monster that is currently chasing us.
So we run along the walls towards the glade, not daring to look once to see if the monster could climb, because that is a question I don't want answered. I saw the glade and we bolted for it, we climbed down as fast as we could front he walls and ran though the walls just in time before they closed. Me and Newt collapsed on the ground in relief.
"Where the hell were you two!" Alby screamed as he ran up to both of us. "I thought for sure you two were dead." The rest of the runners along with Nick ran up to us, too. I nod up a hand for them to stop asking questions.
"Water." I say, and one of the runners was ordered by Nick to get us water. When he comes back with two bottles of water, we down it fast. Then I feel like I could finally speak. "There were these monsters that chased us. Terrifying. We climbed up on top of the maze and ran. I'm not sure if they can climb, and I'm not sure if I want to know. But if we can climb the damn walls, we can for sure find an exit much easier." Newt nods along with whatever I was saying.
We finally get ourselves off the floor and into our hammocks. We both lay there in silence. "Those things will give me nightmares for the rest of my life." Newt says suddenly. I chuckle.
"Yeah, same." Is all I say before I drift off to sleep.