Munies (Final Part)

Minho

A week later, we got the rumbling yet again. This time we were in the cafeteria when it happened. "Why can't they just use doors instead of shifting the entire place?" Fry said.
The rumbling stopped and we went out into the hall to see what door had appeared. But we went and found that the entire hallway was replaced by the hallway we got to the dorms in.
"What do we do?" Someone said.
"Wait?" Sonya suggested.
"I guess." I said.

A few minutes passed and I was just about to get up and leave when Rat Man walked in with Thomas. His hair was wet, presumably from a shower.
Me and Newt exchanged glances then walked over to him. "Tommy! Where were you?" Newt says.
"In that stupid room. Rat Man told me you guys escaped." Thomas said.
"Yeah, we were gonna come and find you but he locked us in-"
"Everyone listen up! I'm not going to repeats this again!" Newt got cut off by Rat Man-Janson. "Today we will be removing all of your memory swipes! But before we do that we have a few special, announcements.
"First off, I am to inform you that most of you in this room are immune to the flare and its symptoms. That's why we brought you here, so we could see if we could come up with a cure for this disease that plaques our world. And I said most because not all of you in this room are immune. And before we give you all your memory's back, we would like to inform the people who aren't immune that they aren't immune.
"When WICKED first started off, it was nothing but a small company with big ideas. We thought the world was going down, but when we found out about the immunes, we thought we had a chance. Now we have a room full of immunes and a cure on the way. We think by giving your memory's back, you will see that WICKED is good!"
The guy rambles on for another minute, but I'm too busy thinking. What it everyone else here is immune but I'm not? What if out of me and Newt, one of us isn't immune? Will they find a cure in time before one of us goes Crank crazy?
"And now, for the list." Rat Man-Janson says. He pulls out a piece of paper and reads from it. "If you are on this list, do not worry. You are still very valuable to us in finding the cure."
He names a few people from Group B and our own Gladers, but none I am particularly attached to. Then the name he says next.
"Newt." He says. My head quickly turns to look at Newt. He didn't really look all that bothered. But I was!
Rat Man finishes up and says that people who want the memory swipe removed should make a line, and the rest will be escorted to the dorms. I really didn't trust this place, and neither did Tommy and Newt. So we didn't line up. And instead we walked to the dorms.

Newt

I sat on the bed and stared into space. At first I thought the fact that is ant immune like the others wouldn't bother me. I mean, this whole time we all thought we were immune. But now that I think about it more, I'm not so sure.
"Newt." Minho says as he walks up to me and sits beside me. I don't really know how to act now, because now I'm different. Different in a bad way. I could bloody kill him now. I could turn so crazy I would want to hurt the one person I love the most. "Are you ok?"
"Yeah" I lied. I didn't want to tell him. I didn't want to tell him that I felt like I want going to make it through this. What if they don't find a cure? Will I be destined to a life with the Cranks? "Just scared."
"Scared? Scared of what?" Minho says. "Your never scared."
"I'm scared I'll become one of them. I'll become so crazy that I try and kill you and Tommy and who knows who else."
Minho rubs my back and tries to calm me down. "You won't become one of them. You have too much of a heart to kill anyone." He says.
"It doesn't matter, does it? No matter how kind or compassionate you are. The flare always wins. Nothing I can do about it." I say and look down at my feet.
"So your giving up that easily?"
"I'm not giving up, Minho!" I say. "There was nothing to give up in the first place. I know the facts."
"They'll find a cure."
"No, they won't. We spent 2 years in the maze and another two months out here and they've accomplished absolutely nothing."
Minho sighs. "Please, please don't give up. Please." Minho begs. It just breaks my heart. I know he isn't going to leave until I agree with him.
"Fine." I say. I look up and him and smirk. "Only because your so cute."
"Ok." He says and kisses me. "Great." And I watch him get up and cross the room to talk to Tommy, and I'm left by myself debating whether it's the greatest idea to let him love me anymore, now that I know I'm going to die.