The Revenge Plan (Part Two)

Just so you guys know, this chapter starts off after Newt wakes up. It's about an hour before the guys escape, and so Newt has time to go to WICKED and catch up to them. You'll see what I mean during the chapter. Enjoy!

Newt

  I wake up with a massive headache, not sure of where I am. It was cold, and snow covered all surfaces of the woods I must have been in. I get up slowly, taking in my surroundings. Then, like a flood, the memories come back to me.
  Thomas and I fighting. Him getting the upper hand. And Minho's look right before Thomas shot me.
  Wait a second. Thomas shot me. Why am I alive. And why do I feel... perfectly normal?
  I feel my head and everything to make sure I'm not bleeding anywhere, though it's hard considering my whole body is covered in dirt and dried blood. But I didn't feel any wet blood, so I assumed I was ok.
  My first instinct was to just continue on with my life away from the others, but I feel ok, so maybe I have a chance of going back to them.
  So that's exactly what I do. I march off for WICKED, and follow the tracks of the van that was going jus a few hours before. I match for what seemed like an eternity, and finally I got to WICKED.
  There must have been some war going on, because vans and burgs were parked like walls around WICKED facility. Their were guns aimed at every possible entrance and exit. I almost turned away, scared I might get shot a second time. But I didn't. Instead, I walked confidently up to the entrance. There were shouts behind me, but I didn't turn away. I walked right in and walked through hallway after hallway.
  I didn't really know what to expect. For sure not a nice little map at the entrance leading me directly to Thomas and Minho, but I wasn't expecting a maze of hallways.
  I've had enough of mazes for one lifetime.
  But I didn't turn away. I just walked down whatever hallways seemed right. I walked and walked, and then, I heard shouts. This surprised me, considering that I haven't run into anyone in here yet. Then, I heard Thomas' voice, and my heartbeat shut up.
  I tried running, but my leg screamed in protest. I've been walking all day, and my leg wasn't happy about it. So I called out, "Minho!"
  I walked faster, despite my pain, and I saw the back of his head just before he turned around to meet my eyes. "Newt?"
  I smiled, a goofy smile than I haven't smiled in a while. My heart warmed at the sight of him. He ran to me and pulled me in for a kiss. I put my hands on his waste as he cupped my face.  I wish the kiss would last longer, but if it did, we would both be dead.
  "Guys, we gotta go." Thomas urged us. "You can have sex for all I care after we get to the safe haven."
  Minho laughed and turned around. "The safe haven?" I question.
  "Long story short, we are going through a flat trans to take us to a safe haven where we can live happily ever after. Just follow Thomas, he knows where he's going." Minho says. I nod and Thomas takes off down the hall, followed closely behind by Brenda and Teresa.
  "How are you alive." Minho asks while we run. His eyes are filled with hope, and I couldn't tell if it was cute or sad. "I saw you die." His voice cracks at the last word.
  "I don't know." I say. "Just woke up on the forest floor a few hours ago. Not really sure how or why, I'm just glad I'm here."
  "And you feel perfectly fine?"
  "Yeah. I don't feel angry or anything. It feels good."
  Minho smiles. "Good."

Minho

  We get to the room and Thomas goes through the flat trans quickly to make sure it was all good and not a joke. He came back and put his thumbs up. "All good." He said. "Brenda, go through the other side to help them. I'll help from-"
  Thomas' voice was cut off by the doors suddenly swinging open. "Well, What do we have here." I hear a venomous voice snicker. I turn to see Rat-Man Janson with 3 guards at ether side of him. "All of our best subjects. And our final candidate, no less!"
  Thomas walks forward and me and Brenda join him at his side. Soon, Gally, Fry, Teresa, and a couple of others join us. And Thomas charges coward to begin the fight.
  I run full speed into the guard across from me. I put all of my anger and sadness to good use, use it to fuel me to fight. I take out the guard just as another bomb goes off, shaking the entire facility. Thomas comes through the door, his face streaking with sweat. "WE GOTTA GO!" He screams above the noicss.
  I look back towards the flat trans, and Brenda has helped everyone through. Newt was still there, helping too. Another bomb shook the entire place, just as Teresa came through the door. Me, Thomas and Teresa all run between the falling rows of supplies to the silver portal, and a bomb goes off, throwing all of us off balence. Brenda and Newt come and help us up, and we make our way to the portal. Another bomb goes off, and hear two screams.
  I turn to see Teresa and Newt stuck under a big rock. "NEWT!" I slide down next to him. His eyes are barley open, and I could tell he was trying to hold on. "Newt, please don't leave me."
  "Minho." He manages to get out. "Go. Go before it kills you too." Blood covers his face, and tears escape both our eyes. "Take care of Tommy, and yourself. I promise I'll watch you from heaven. You will be with me soon, but not now."
  "No, Newt." I hold his hands tight. "Please, I need you."
  "No, you don't." He says. "I love you."
  Then, Newt closes his eyes for the final time, and his hands go limp. I snap out of my daze, and look over to Thomas breaking down. I have to hang on for a little longer.
  With all the strength I have left in me, I get up from my position and drag Thomas through the portal. When my feel touch the ground, I collapse, Thomas coming with me. It was over. We were here. The Safe Haven.
"Guys, you better get out." Brenda said, and I obliged, wanting nothing to do with anyone anymore. I stood up without a word and walked out into the sun. It wasn't like the scorch, where the sun melted away everything it touches, but instead a warm sun, the kind after a rainy day in spring.
But I keep walking. I walk and walk until my feet can't carry me anymore. I crash and fall on the sand floor, and I start crying.
I kept crying, because it felt like the world had ended. It did. And we were here, and we were supposed to be happy about it, but I couldn't find myself finding any little joy inside of me.
I cried until I felt numb, and just laid there until the sun slipped below the horizon, and coldness took over.
Newt could have been here to warm me up, but he wasn't.
Newt could have been here to cheer me up, but he isn't.
Instead, I only have the memory of the last time we kissed. Thomas rushing us, saying we could have sec for all he cares once they get to the safe haven.
And now I was here without Newt, feeling completely broken inside. Like a piece of me was missing.
So I crumbled up in a little ball and stayed there until the coldness drove me insane. Because I couldn't find it anywhere in me to get up and face the people here.
I was a mess. I was broken. And I would never be fixed.

A/N

Yeah, I owe you guys an apology. Just giving you Newt back, only to have him taken away again. Then doing that to Minho. I'm sorry.
Well, maybe I'll change the upload schedule since after this part, there are only like 4 more chapters to the end. That's including the Epilogue. I think.
Well, have a nice day. Definitely will see you guys next Sunday, maybe before that.
Okay, have a nice day.

-That_Beaver

P.S. I just checked, it's 4 more chapters and then the Epilogue.