The Walls (Part 5)

(A/N: So heyyy... we just got out of school and I was in a good mood so I posted a chapter. Don't worry, I'll post this Sunday. So enjoy!)

Newt

Why did he follow me? I knew it. I knew after I said those sketchy thing, after I asked him to run alone, and after I spent the entire day before hiding from him, he would follow me. But I didn't listen to my instincts. Instead I just ran faster, hoping that if Minho was following me, he would just give up. But of course, he didn't.
I remember just jumping off, falling, and hitting the ground. I knocked myself out for a second. I really tricked myself into believing I was actually dead. But I heard Minho scream. I heard him climbing down, and run to me. I heard him cry for me, begged me to wake up. His tears fell on my face, and I felt them.
Then he started dragging me back. We walked for awhile, I'm not sure how long though. Then, when I was sure we wouldn't make it, we made it. The doors closed right as we stepped on the ground of the glade. I heard shouts, Alby speaking to Minho, Minho trying to be calm, but his voice was breaking. Then I heard Nick come, Minho told him what happened. And soon I was with the med-jacks.
Nick and Minho were in the room. I heard Nick say something, then Minho said something harsh back, and stormed out of the room. Alby came in to check on me, he told me Minho wasn't the same without me. He needed me. He walked out too. And I felt myself actually beginning to wake up. There was no one in the room, and I was glad. I just needed a minute to think. How could I be so stupid! I yelled at myself. But I couldn't focus on that right now. All I thought of was Minho. How sorry I felt for him. According to Alby, he missed me. And I missed him.
But as soon as I tried sitting up, my leg burst in pain, and all I could do was yell.

Minho

  I felt my whole world go up in flames when I realized what just happened. Newt just committed suicide right in front of me. I was just hanging on to the ivy like an idiot, unable to move or speak. Then it all snapped in my head, and my body took over before my mind could. I was crying, screaming and yelling. "NEWT! NEWT!" I screamed into the maze as I ran around corners to find his body. I finally found him, and ran to him. I knelt beside him, and tried to shake him awake. I cried and cried. But nothing would bring him back. Nothing.
I took a deep breath. I tried to push my feelings away for now. Because right now I had to get a lifeless Newt and me out of the maze in time before the doors closed. And I wasn't liking my odds that much.
So I dragged Newt thought the maze. I walked and walked and walked. I waked for hours. I got to the doors and saw them start to close, and I sped up trying to drag Newt with me. We got though just in time. I was mentally and physically exhausted.
Alby came up to me, running alongside a med-jack, Clint. "What happened?" He said concerned. I knew I had to keep it in. I couldn't show how weak I was. Not to all these people that have now made a crowd around us.
"He-he uh was running, and I followed him. He didn't know and-and," I took a deep breath, trying not to cry. "He climbed the w-wall and he-he just jumped." My voice was cracking. I needed to leave. But Nick came up at the last second.
"What the hell happened, Minho?" He said sternly. I took a deep breath. I tried calming down. I tried and tried.
"He climbed the wall and jumped." Is all I could get out before just running into the forest and towards the pond. I ran. I could t stop. I got to the pond and crashed on the grass crying. I could take it.
I cried for about an hour. Then I took a nice deep breath and splashed my face with the water before going back to the makeshift hospital we had here and went to Newt.
Alby was sitting beside Newt's bed in a chair. Before entering I had to calm myself. Seeing Newt just made me want to cry even more than I already did. Then I entered the room, and Alby turned to me immediately.
"You ok, dude." He said. I nodded.
"Yeah, I'm fine." I said as emotionlessly as I could. He nodded.
"You can talk to me, you kno-"
"I'm fine, Alby!" I said more aggressively than I meant it to. "Sorry."
  "It's fine dude." He says. I look back over at Newt. My heart breaks even more. "You should get some rest. You've been out there all day."
  I nod. "Yeah, I'm going to."
  "You want to sleep in homestead instead of in the forest tonight so you're not lonely?"
  I sigh. "Right now I just need to be alone." I say and walk out.

  This morning I woke up before the sun rose and packed all my running stuff early and sat on the ground in front of the maze walls to wait for them to open. Alby must have been walking by because he came to sit, too.
"Aren't you going to take the day off? All the other runners are." I shake my head.
  "I can't. What if an exit reveals itself today and I'm not there to witness it? Something could change, and I need to see it happen."
  He sighs, opens his mouth like he was about to speak, but closes it. Then he says, "Are you sure you're ok? You look like you haven't gotten any sleep and have been instead beating yourself up over what happened to Newt all night. And just so you know, it's not your fault."
  "It is my fault, though!" I almost yell. "It is! If I hadn't let Newt run off by himself he would have never done that. If I were to just ask him one more time if he was ok then maybe he would still be here. Maybe-maybe..." I realize I was now crying. I allowed myself 5 seconds of this before I shut down my feelings and emotions for good. Maybe forever. "I'm sorry. I'm fine. I just need to go out there and search until I find something that will give us all hope again. I just need to."
  Just as I finished my sentence the maze doors started opening, and I got up. "See ya later, Alby." Is all I say before running into the maze.