The Scorch (Part Four)

Newt

A couple of hours later, when everyone had woken up, we all realize the storm has stopped. "We should go try and find food." Someone says.
"But what about the Cranks." Another says.
"Who's That?" Someone says, and we look over tot he person. He was pointing to the roof, and we all look up and see a guy standing there. Just standing there.
The dude then does some amazing gymnastics, and drops on his feet. His name was Jorge, and he was a Crank. Great.

We wait for Thomas to finish his meeting with Jorge, and in the meantime we are surrounded by very angry looking Cranks with knives and broken glass bottles. "You shouldn't have pissed him off." I whispered viscously and Minho.
  "Well I'm sorry!" He says sarcastically back.
  "You know, your attitude is going to get us killed out here if you don't bloody slim it!"
  "No it's not! Your the one who brought us here, Newt! That's what's going to get us killed, if anything!"
  "Bloody lighting basically killed half of us! And it almost killed the other half, too! We would be dead if I didn't bring us in here!" He huff and turns around to face the cranks. He must have not had anything else to say.

  Thomas and Jorge come back and Jorge starts speaking."OK EVERYONE!" He says on top of the noise. "I HAVE DECIDED TO HELP BIRD FACE AND HIS FRIENDS. ME AND BRENDA WILL BE GOING WITH THEM TO WHEREVER THEY NEED TO GO. AND SINCE BIRD FACE HERE DIDN'T WANT ME KILLING HIS FRIEND, WE HAVE DECIDED THAT INSTEAD OF KILLING, WE WILL CHOP OFF ONE FINGER OF EACH HAND OF HIS FRIEND, MINHO."
  Minho sharply looks up at him, and I was afraid he was going to charge at the guy. "What!" He exclaims. "You can't do that!"
  "Minho, it's better than letting how bloody kill you!" I say to him.
  "Easy for you to say, you have nothing on the line!" He says.
  "Would you like me to kill you instead? I would much rather do that." Jorge says calmly.
  "Wha- No!" Minho says. "Thomas, your just going to let him do this?"
  He nods his head. "It was ether that or he kills you."
  Then, someone from behind puts their hand on his shoulder. "Let's just all calm down." She says. "Lets just get some food and then we will talk ."
And so we did.

Me and Minho stay in the corner of the room, just eating our beans. They tasted horrible. I was surprised that the maze had better stuff than this place did.
"So your just ok with chopping off my fingers, huh?" Minho asked angrily.
"What are you talking about?"
"Back there, you just went along with the idea of chopping my fingers off." He says. "Didn't even think twice about it."
"Minho, that's better than bloody murdering you!" I argued to him. "And besides, at that moment the smart thing to do was to agree with them and move along. I would rather loose two of your bloody fingers and get to the safe haven faster than loose all of you. You should be thanking Tommy who talked Jorge out of killing you."
"Yeah, he's a real saint for chopping off my fingers." He says. "You know, I told you we shouldn't have trusted them! Sometimes, your just so stupid!"
He stopped immediately, but it didn't stop me from feeling hurt. "That's how you feel about me, huh?" I say, now angry myself. "Well I'm sorry for bloody saving your life! That must be real stupid, huh?" I get up off the bench.
"Newt, wait-"
"No! Maybe you need some time to cool down, I do too." I say and walk away.

Minho

Newt walks away and sits at another table when the whole building starts to shake. Then, the whole roof just explodes. "RUN!" I hear Brenda, the girl with Jorge, scream. I get up quickly and run to one of the exits, where Jorge is leading our small group out.
I couldn't see anything in the mess, all I could think about was how I hurt Newt, and if he died, I would never forgive myself.

We walk through the city, being careful not to run into any Cranks. And all around I see the poster saying Thomas, you're the real leader. What was that supposed to mean?
Newt still won't talk to me. I apologized but he still didn't speak. We walked until it got dark, then picked a small building to sleep in. Jorge making sure there weren't any Cranks living inside.

We walk into an ally way, where once again we see the poster Thomas, you're the real leader hung at the end of the ally. And then I see Thomas and Brenda, being escorted inside by one hell of an ugly dude.
"Get back! Get back!" Jorge whispers to us and we do as we are told, going behind the corner so the ugly guy can't see us. Jorge sighs.
"What do we do?" Someone whispers. "We can't just leave them in there."
Jorge slides down to a sitting position. "Wait, for now." He says. "Can't really do anything until we've got our strength back and our heads in order. So until we do get our heads back in the game, we wait." I hear everyone sigh, then sit down.

It was maybe 10 minutes later, and Newt was sitting alone. I wanted to go and sit next to him, but I knew he was still mad at me. God, why did I say all those stupid things!
He was just playing with his fingers, looking down at the ground. I could sense his sadness. I could see it in his eyes. It broke my heart, the fact that I caused that. Or was at least part of it.

30 minutes later, Jorge finally gets up. "Minho, me and two others will go into that place and get Thomas and Brenda out. Newt, you're in charge until we get back. Then, after we've got everyone, we head for the safe haven. Sounds good?"
Everyone ether nods their head or mumbles a yes in agreement. And so Jorge takes two others with us and we storm inside.

A/N

Ok so hello people of wattpad, thanks for voting and reading. This chapter kind of skips around, as I really had a hard time writing it. Next chapter should be much better though, and definitely the chapters to come. Ok good day!

-That Beaver