Chapter 37: Cherry bomb

AFTER TAKE-OFF, I went downstairs and observed and assisted until Frank was about ready to explode. Then I went back to the service center and read a magazine. After a while, I got bored, so I went to first class to bug Alex.

TransGlobal's aircraft have first class "apartments" instead of seats. That means, instead of seats that turn into beds, each first class passenger has his or her own little box with a miniature living room/dining room, a bedroom, and a private lavatory and shower.

Alex's do not disturb sign was on, but I overrode it and let myself in. "Having a good time?" I asked. "You got to be. They really kiss your ass up here... hey? Alex? Where are you?"

 He wasn't in the living area and he wasn't in bed. I knocked on the lav, then opened it. Not in there, either.

Whatev. It was an airplane. There were only so many places he could be. I made myself comfy on his bed and waited for a minute before I remembered the lounge area in the front of the plane. He was probably up there. I got up and moseyed up front.

Sure enough Alex sat in a group of men, all man bonding and relaxed. One man said something, and the group burst out laughing. I moved past the curtain but stayed in the shadows. My brothers sat across from Alex. There were two men sitting next to them I didn't recognize. Given they were gingers, I figured them to be McIver Security. Two other redheaded men sat at the bar and pretended to read. The ones at the bar saw me, but pretended that they didn't.

Next to my brother's security detail was a balding man wearing black jeans, a black leather jacket, and black cowboy boots. Next to him sat a long legged man about Alex's age.  For some reason, he looked familiar. He also looked stupid stylish. He sat, all coolly casual, with an ankle crossed at the knee, all man spread and shit.

He leaned over and poured himself a shot of vodka. Alex said something that made him laugh. 

Then it hit me. That was the brother. The one related to Nick the Pirate douche. To be fair, he was good looking. Better looking than Nick, even, but that could be because he didn't look like an extra from Pirates of the Caribbean: Sex Traffickers Chest.

His hair was dark and short, his features all sharp lines and chiseled bone structure. His eyes were lighter than pirate dude's eyes. They almost looked silver. Had to be contacts. He wore a pair of jeans, handmade loafers with no socks, and a cashmere crew neck sweater that didn't cover the neck tattoo. 

What is it with Russians and neck tattoos? I mean, do you really need for your ink to go up to your head? Whatever.

He said something back to Alex that made all the men nod in agreement. Jeez. So that's why Alex came along. He had a meeting with big brother Constantinov. I didn't know whether to be relieved or insulted.

Like brother Constantinov, Alex had changed from his suit, too. Now he had on a sweater, jeans, and loafers without socks. He must have had them in his carry-on. Good for him. My brothers, because they are uptight assholes, still were in their suits. The security detail was all casual in jeans and sweaters.

Colin said something which made everyone laugh. Time to introduce myself. I moseyed up to the bar, winked at one of the security dudes, and grabbed a jar of Maraschino cherries. "Hiya, boys. How's tricks?" I pushed myself between Sean and Colin. "And tricks are not just for kids, don'tcha know?"

Cowboy Boots scowled at me. "Go away," he sneered in a Russian accent so strong it should be served with a side of borscht. "We do not need anything."

"No can do, comrade." I licked my finger and stuck it in Sean's ear. "Wet willy, wet willy."

"Siobhan, God, stop it." Sean slapped my hand and gave me side eye. Sean hated wet willys. "Go away. We're busy here."

"You are? Whatcha doing?" I pushed him over and sat between the two. "Is it cards? I love cards." I shoulder shoved Colin. "Hey, Col. What's up... oh my God, what is with your eyelashes?" I leaned into his face for a closer look. "Dude. You've dyed your eyelashes.  Holy Crap. You're such a girl." I reached up to feel, but he slapped my hand. "Come on. I wanna feel."