『Chapter 8 | A Goodbye』

(^this is how she looks like

(^this is how she looks like... got it from pinterest lol^)

5.22.18 

1641 words

『Chapter 8 | A Goodbye』

 Awoken by a loud knock, told to dress and get ready, Sayua groggily held on the knob before closing the door behind her. She was in her little form to fit in her stolen—uh, borrowed clothes from the captain's pile, with her top hat resting on her head while also dragging her trusted weapon along with her.

 It was the next two days after she told her past to the wise, uh, two wise men, and she got the rest she deserved the day before this ruckus. She figured that the red-haired captain will continue, or start, the training that was left after she unexpectedly collapsed due to her named fear.

 And, surprise—she was right.

 She didn't even had the chance to actually step out of the deck. Why? Pfft—well, a particular red-haired Yonko threw his trusted blade, named Gryphon, for her to fully wake up and dodge the sharp thing, cutting a few strands of gold locks after she dodged in the last millisecond.

 "What on earth was THAT for?!" Panicked, she pointed her index finger at the grinning captain. "Were you trying to kill—" She didn't even had the chance to finish her words just to dodge a bullet that came from the crow's nest, up above the high mast. "Benn-san, you too?!" She cried after dodging the fast ammo.

 Shanks laughed, gaining her attention. "Your reflexes are good, but not quite good." He told her, "You need to be ten years older to gain enough speed to dodge a real attack." He chuckled after his quick tease.

 "You're telling me it wasn't a real attack?" The girl sweat dropped.

 "Well, I'll be fixing that with the help of the crew." The captain winked at her, "Expect this... event every morning."

 Then it hit her. She's sure she's gonna go through hell until she leave this ship.

 "Let's see what you've got." The red-haired captain retrieved his blade and spun it around his hand, "Bring it all out."

 She got what he meant—attack with all you've got with no hesitations. And so, she did.

 But here's a catch: she was forbidden to use her devil fruit abilities until she masters controlling her Haki—not only the Haoshoku but also the other two types as well.