『 Chapter 37 | Sabo 』

07.28.19

2300 words

『 Chapter 37 | Sabo 』

 A member of the Revolutionaries, more specifically, the Chief of Staff of the Revolutionary Army—that's who he thought he was. For the majority of his existence on the land of the pain and suffering, he had only focused on getting stronger, not knowing why. He had this unknown inspiration tugging his heart for him to continue to work hard, to get truly stronger.

His name?

 "Look," He brought down a newspaper article, "it's our younger brother!" He smiled, taking out another newspaper article, "And here's our freckled brother... both making scenes over the world..." He looked down.

 "Ah... Sai-chan..." He sighed as he placed down a small crate in front of a late pirate's grave, sitting down and providing four cups of sake whilst holding the fourth on one hand, and a flower bouquet on the other, "Sabo-niisama is rather late, I'm sorry..."

Sabo.

 After hearing about the war he thought was nothing but another typical one between the pirates and the marines—especially when he read about a certain, crewless pirate's death, memories from his forgotten past painfully knocked him unconscious, screaming loudly in a heart-breaking tone before he did.

 Whom he thought was another loss from a nameless pirate before he even actually read the contents of the papers... was actually his dearest... dearest... beloved sister. Sure, he had heard about the Puppet Master before, but never in a million years would his amnesiac self think that she's his sister.

 Well, it's no wonder why he just had this tugging feeling that he had to defend the pirate from the lollicons of the Army when they were talking about her. It's his brother instinct kicking in.

 It's... been a few... hard months for Sabo since the war and... he wasn't able to visit until now. Part of it is because the island where Sayua was put rest to was a bit hard to locate, and part of it was because he was knocked out unconscious for a while and, right after he woke up, everything had to sink in slowly—he took a while to recover.

 Who wouldn't? Knowing your beloved sibling's death one day is heart-breaking... and she's younger than him, too. He really didn't expect for Sayua to die before him... before them. He was supposed to be there by her side, but he looked over the war and took another job.