Prologue

Pain!! That's what I'm feeling right now. Darkness is the only thing which has consumed me totally. Muffled voices have engulfed my ears and they are seriously not helping me. My head is feeling heavy and my limbs have lost hope for existence. Throat seems dry but the needed fluid capacity in my body somehow seems to be fulfilled. What's actually happening to me? What happened? Mainly where am I?

             Among all these muffled up voices, one soft voice was heard clearly. "Slowly try to open your eyes". After having a battle with eyelids, I opened my eyes, to have a look at the World which I missed a lot. "Very good" said the old man, with silver hair and a rimless eyeglass which gave him an educated look. He wore a lab coat so I assumed him to be a doctor, as he also had a stethoscope on his neck. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

              Eventhough there was a sharp pain in my head and eyes were itching due to sudden brightness, I smiled and nodded at him. He smiled. At that very moment, my eyes met a girl who had her eyes closed with wrinkles appearing on her eye lids and forehead. She seemed to be praying for someone so hard. She was mumbling something which wasn't audible to me as she was few distance away from me. "Nurse, call her inside" said the doctor who checked upon me.

            Call who? As soon as the words left the doctor's mouth, I saw the the girl's wrinkles slowly disappearing and her eye lashes lifted up. Those deep black orbs very slowly came in my direction and locked with mine. She left out the breath which she had probably held inside. Along with her breath, a lone tear traced down the path. She immediately averted her gaze and started breathing heavily. My surroundings weren't bothering me, even the pain and itching sensation weren't creating a havoc inside me.

           That is when I analysed her. Crinkled clothes, messy hair, pale face, red eyes, chapped lips but her eyes held a charm, the charm which I am already familiar with, but conscious is battling with how and why? "Abhinav" I heard someone calling me. I slightly turned my head to know who it was. "Amma (Mom)" That was the only word which left my lips. I felt how it would be, when a visually impaired person, sees the world for the first time.

             She came running towards me with tears staining her saree. She slowly and softly, caressed my hair. "How are you?" She asked me which was like a mere whisper. I was hurt knowing that I had affected so many people without even my own will. I smiled and tried to hold her hand. With lot of obstacles passing through my veins, I held her palm near my lips and kissed her knuckles. She smiled but her tears never seemed to stop.

             I turned towards the opposite side to have a look at that girl's current condition. She wiped her tears very roughly and left the place, without even gifting a glance at me. I wanted her to be near me, so I tried to call her,

           "Aaradhya! No, not soon!"

Vanakkam and Heya lovely people. This is the prologue of my new venture. Hope you people liked the start and would keep supporting me throughout this rollercoaster journey!! But for the time being I'll bid adieu to you guys.

If you liked this chapter hit the vote button. If you think I deserve your appreciation and suggestions, do comment. If you are falling for the plot, add this book to your library. Finally, good things should not be only kept to ourselves, so share it with your friends.

I also wanted to give my voice for the Thoothukudi massacre. I guess, one incident would explain the situation better. It was another
"JALLIANWALA BAGH MASSACRE"

Next update would be real soon. In the meantime, try my other books, Is life but a dream? And Incarnation of Love...

Spread love, Spread smile

Lot's of Love,
Sruthi ;)