Chapter ~ 5

Aaradhya's P. O. V.

           "I'm sorry Aaru baby!" I chuckled as he said that. I knew that I would see this day, after knowing about you. But still, "Go on, do it love!" I screamed back, as tears chose to take a slower pace to come down. I, for some reason, didn't have the guts to see my death coming! I gulped my saliva as I heard trigger being pulled. Flashes of my dream life went on a slideshow, infront of my closed eyes. A loud sound was heard. Breath hitched. Heartbeats raced. I saw my soul leaving me!

                "Noooooo!" My breath was racing. Wet was all around me. Was that sweat? I took my trembling hands near my forehead. Sweatbeads engulfed my fingers. I gulped down my saliva to wet my dry throat. Eventhough my Air Conditioner was in 20°C, I was profusely sweating. Thank god! The door was shut. Or else I would have frightened everyone. What the hell was that? Who the hell was that person? I shut my eyes to retrieve that guy's face. Except for getting a very bad headache, nothing else happened.

                  Is this just a bad dream? Or does it have any connection with what's going to happen next? I fished out my phone and found out to be 5 o' clock. By now, I was back to normal. To divert myself from this horror scene, I planned to surf through my phone. As anyone would do, at my place, I went to google, to check about my dream. I rested my head on the bedrest and started my research. As I was surfing through, one thing was confirm, there's no exact explanation for this.

                Instead of wasting time, I thought of forgetting it and jump into my daily routine. When the hot water flowed through body, easing my muscles, I felt my eyes closing in serenity. Just then, the flashes of the gun, the hurt, the betrayal, the trigger, everything dawned on me like a slideshow. I immediately opened my eyes. Why aren't they just leaving my head? Why am I so hooked up with them? Why is it bothering me so much? Who the hell is he? I came out of the shower and went straightly to my room after getting dressed.

              I applied a little makeup and went downstairs to help my Mom. After having my breakfast, I left for the school. The only escape for me, from his thoughts, is those kids. I went to my class straight and there was heaven. All children were seated at their places with smiling faces. As I entered the class, they stood up while showing their teeth. I smiled and asked them to sit down. As I was about to take class, I was called by the Principal. I guess I am definitely going to have a hell lot of work today.

                 By cursing, God knows who, I reached the staff room. I quickened my pace towards my table and I immediately started searching for all the files related to the 'Child Help Committee' as I was so sure that, I was  wanted by her for this. Note that being a Treasurer for any Committee isn't easy at all. Eventhough I'm a newbie here, the Principal has entrusted this on me. But I still couldn't figure out, why me? The unimaginably clumsy me!! Having all this running in my head, I was checking the files, to atleast have an idea about it.

                   By now I was on my way to the Principal's office. Eventhough my leg was hurting, hair was messy, Saree was a bit crumpled, my concious never gave much attention to it. As I was striding towards my destination, I  heard a voice, which was laughing so merrily. The laughter was echoed with some laughing sounds of kids. Neither my work nor my tension bothered me. All that mattered to me was that soothing laughter. I closed my eyes to just let it sink into me. I turned to my left to search for the voice.

                  As I was about to open my eyes, I was bumped by someone. The files in hand opened in the shock of falling down. The papers in it found it's way on air. I opened my eyes quickly and was trying to catch them. There, I saw a guy's face in between the papers that were falling down like rain. The wind thought to play it's role. The papers rose higher and he too jumped to get all those. But instead of catching the papers, I was walking towards him.

                 His bright face was giving sane and serene vibes. His focus was completely on those papers. The kids came running towards me to give it. But my focus was on him. I wasn't loving this nor was I hating this, but this was new. He suddenly turned towards as if on cue. For few minutes, our eyes met. I saw his orbs dilating. As I was gazing more on them, I saw the flashes of my dream hitting me. I turned away as they were hurting me. But didn't know why. I was attracted. I was sure! But why him? Why ONLY him?

                  "Ma'am!" He said. I turned around. "Your......papers!" He said looking intently at me. "Thank you" I said without meeting his eyes. "Ma'am sorry if I hurt you!" He said. I looked at him questioningly. He pointed at my eyes. I touched my cheeks only to feel wetness. I again touched and confirmed that it was due to my tears. But when did I cry? Moreover Why did I cry? I quickly wiped it and snatched those papers from him. I collected all papers, kept it in inside my file and left that place. There's so much for me to deal with.

                  I went to Principal's room and knocked the door. As I was asked to enter the room, I saw that guy following me. Now what is he upto? What does he actually want from me? Before I could lash out at him, "He's Aashish, Aaradhya! One of my most favourite students. Do you remember me saying that someone wants to do something for our school? It's him. Being an Alumni, he also has not much procedures to follow. So just explain him about our trust. And Aashish, she's Aaradhya, the new leaf to our tree." I couldn't digest all those which I heard few moments back.

"Oh and Aaradhya! You are going to work with him for a project for the next one week"

                   Vanakkam Anbu ullangale!! Long time eh? Sorry folks, was held up with work. Will try to be regular. Again I will TRY!! So how was the chapter? Hope I had put up something worthy to read. Let me know in the comments section below! Don't forget to hit that vote button!! Hear to the music in the media box for better experience!! 😊😊😊

     Spread Love, Spread Smile!

Lot's of Love,
Sruthi ;)