Chapter ~ 4

Aaradhya's P. O. V.

           Everytime I hear to this sentence, my breath hitches! Not that I've heard to this lot of times, not to me, atleast not from my Dad! My eyes blinked involuntarily while the vada in my mouth seemed to slip out. My dad's wrinkles on his forehead seemed to vanish slowly and my Mom had already switched off the stove. The kitchen, the place where I feel so elated, seemed to suffocate me. "There's nothing so scary as you think. See us, we are a live example! Are we not happy?" My dad stated after analysing my situation.

              Happiness is something too far from my thoughts. On the first note, I'm not at all comfortable to leave my home to live with someone completely unknown, under the same roof! Everything running inside my head blurred my vision. Neither could I talk nor could I analyse things happening around me. I wanted everything to freeze for a fraction of a second now. I was brought back to reality when my Dad shook me. "Are you even listening?" He asked. I smiled sheepishly and bobbled my head up and down. "Good" he said and patted my cheeks. Wait! What was he even talking?!

                My Mom resumed her work with a big smile plastered on her face. Weird! I took more vadas and got down from the slab and went out the kitchen. As I entered the living room, some news channel was giving some Breaking news. I made myself comfortable on the couch and peacefully savoured my vada. "Sources say that the murderer is so pre-planned that he had never left any traces." This caught my attention. Murder? Usually I am never interested in topics like these, but this seemed unusual.

                "What's the news about, Appa?" I asked. "Nevermind! You would get scared and wouldn't sleep all night" he exaggerated. I rolled my eyes at him. It's true that I do get scared, after a watching a horror movie, but that doesn't mean that he would treat me like a kid! For god's sake, I'm 21 now! I went into YouTube and there popped that news! Eventhough I was eager to know about it, my Dad's description about it was making me nervous. So I just ignored it and went on to listen to some songs.

               A serene landscape! That's the only thing I could see, wherever I go. So much divinity is filled in the air. "Aaru" called the voice for whom I was desperately waiting for! I turned around with all smiles. He had his hands in his pockets and gave that charming smile which I always crave to see. He came near and stood at a decent distance. He slowly took one of hands from his pocket and traced my face. I closed my eyes and felt his warm hands doing magic to me. I slowly opened my eyes and my smile fell. He was there! But not the same! Now he had a gun which was focused on my forehead. A single drop of tear traced down as he was about to press the trigger. I took a long breath and closed my eyes rigidly to welcome my death!

"I'm really very sorry Aaru baby!"

              Vanakkam Anbu ullangale, hope you guys liked this chapter! If you did, then don't forget to hit that vote button and make it orange (my fav 😍).

     Happy birthday to the legendary musician and an extraordinary trend maker, A. R. Rahman sir!!

      Happy New Year everyone! May all the success that you deserve knock at your door and Happiness smile at you!!

    Spread Love, Spread Happiness

Lots of love,
Sruthi ;)