Chapter ~ 8

AARADHYA'S P. O. V.

           "Someone named Aashish wants to meet you!" These words were enough to erupt those jittery feelings inside me. If you say it's Love, then you are highly mistaken. It's a feeling you might get when you get to know that your death is at your doorstep. As sweat came running down on the sides of my forehead, I could feel my throat becoming completely dry. With nervousness reaching it's highest peak, I went towards the Visitor's hall. There was he, sitting so calmly on the chair there. As soon as he saw me, he got up.

                Even though I was getting swallowed by the fear of death, I made sure to look fearless infront of him. I faked a smile to him. Will he get to know it's fake? Will he question me about that? If he did, what should I answer him in return? None of your business? Or! It's your imagination? While I was in my own World, I could sense constant gaze on me. My eyeballs, in a dangerously slow motion, met him. He didn't seem to even shy down his gaze. He was continuing what he was doing. It highly made me cringe!

                  I waved my hand infront of him. But still he didn't obey. I snapped my fingers only to be welcomed by the same reaction. "Aashish" I called in a rather rough tone. He came out of his trance. He immediately apologised looking at my fierce eyes. Gazing at a girl from a distant was not a criminal act. But without her permission! He wasn't looking at me in a wrong way but still it was a haunting look. Moreover I've been having negative vibes from him already and this was just extra oil on the burning fire!!

                  "Let's leave! Abhinav would be waiting for us." He said but his eyes never met mine. Good for him!! He left towards the parking lot to take the vehicle out. I went inside. "Teju ma'am! Here is my vehicle's key. I'm going out to get suppliments for our students. Will get this back while I return." I said. "With whom are you going?" She asked. Ah! Look at my fate! *Facepalm* "Our sponsor" What a joke!! Even though he isn't the one, he has atleast taken initiative to bring someone. But who would give money by believing this jerk? Or is it only me who's having issues with him?

                   By now, I had reached the parking lot. I saw him inside a SUV waiting for me. But he seemed to be lost in his thoughts. Maybe about the things happened a while ago. I went near the car and tapped on the glass. He immediately opened the door for me from inside. I got into the passenger's seat and never bothered to look at him. He cleared his throat to get my attention. Now what does he want? I gave him an irritated look to make his small brain understand how annoyed I was.

                 "Wear your seatbelt" he said in a rather softer tone. Where the hell am I? In this world or in any other universe? Embarrassment hit me hard. But if I showed anything on my face, he would get a cue and start troubling me again. I wore the seatbelt and was just looking outside. We neared a mall and he drove towards the valet parking. "You can get down here. Go to Woodlands and you will meet my brother. After buying everything, give me a call. I'll bring you back to your school" Aashish said. Isn't he tagging along?

                  For a second, I felt like I really did hurt him a lot. He wasn't even doing anything wrong but I shouted at him. "I knew you would feel bad". Now am I even hallucinating about his presence? Just then I realised that I was out of the car and was inside the premises of the mall. While I was searching for the source, someone tapped my shoulder. Think of the devil and here it is! He stood beside me making the 'cool dude' face. "Why would I be?" I asked with my hands in akimbo. He smirked.

                " 'Cause I'm irresistible!" He said and wore his sunglasses. Why did I even feel bad for this idiot? I shook my head in disbelief and he did the same. I hit my forehead and moved forward. I didn't bother to look back to know whether he's following up. He came towards me running and stopped. "Why....why are yo...you walki.. walking so fast?" He managed to ask between his heavy panting. "Wanted to get rid of you as soon as possible" I said with a smile. "Oh! That's impossible" he said with a smirk. How much I want to rub that of his face!!!

                "You get going, I'll be back!" He said and left. Never return! I finally reached Woodlands after too many confusions. I hate this guy! How can he leave me to meet someone whom I have no idea of. As I was randomly roaming through the shop I heard someone calling me out. "Miss. Aaradhya!" The voice was familiar. As I turned I saw him. But he was looking formal. But when did he change? He could have come along with me na. "When did you change?" I asked him. "Excuse me!" He said in a confused tone.

                 "You are excused! By the way, when manners knock your head?" I asked in a rather surprised tone. "Ma'am I just don't get what you are talking about" he said with his forehead wrinkling. I threw hands in air while my right eyebrow lifted in confusion. "I accept that you are a great actor but why the hell are you showing those skills to me? Also where is the sponsor?" I asked him. "Ma'am I am Abhinav, the sponsor." He said politely. What is he trying to imply here? "I guess you have mistaken me for my brother, Aashish!" He said.

        "We are twin brothers!!"

                   Vanakkam Anbu Ullangale!! I know! An update after an era, but I was hooked up so badly. Please pardon me! Hope you liked it, if you did do the Ritual!!

Lot's of Love,
   Sruthi;)