Chapter 7

.......................................

Picture of storm's house above ^^^^^^^

........................................

I open my eyes and thank Hades it's Saturday. Meaning no school. I get out of bed and go freshen up. When I'm done, I head downstairs to see if dad is up and making breakfast.

I go into the kitchen and see my dad still in his pajamas and an apron. I look down at his apron and read the words 'I'M SEXIER THAN I COOK'. I chuckle at them.

Dad always buys ridiculous aprons with cheesy puns on them and they have to have only the best and cheesiest puns. He says if it's not cheesy, It's sleazy.

"Good morning Dad. What's for breakfast?" I ask him excitedly. I don't know if I've mention this before, but I absolutely love dad's cooking.

"Good morning. We will be having omelettes, sausages, bacon and blueberry pancakes with either butter, whipped cream or syrup. You're pick thunder." I roll my eyes.

As mouthwatering as the food sounds, that name always makes me loose my appetite. Okay maybe not this time cause I'm really hungry. I ignore him and grab a plate. He also gets one and sits with me.

"So I'm 99.9% sure you went out on patrol last night. Am I correct?" I roll my eyes. When is he ever wrong?

"Yeah I did go on patrol last night, dad. How did you know?"

"I saw you fly in." He says.

"Of course." I roll my eyes.

"Okay. Did you get anybody? Did you get hurt?" He asks worried at the last part.

"Yeah. I caught five guys trying to have their way with a girl in an alley way. I kicked their asses, but the last one shot me." I say as if it's nothing. Dad's eyes widen as I tell him I'd been shot.

"Are you okay? Did it hurt? Where did he shoot you?" He asks all at once.

"I'm fine dad. Yes, it did hurt like a bitch and he shot me in the stomach." I say.

Some people would find it crazy that my dad let's me swear around him, but he says that kids are going to do it anyway. So there's no point in wasting time trying to stop them. My dad just thinks like that.

"Well that's good. I would've killed that asshole." See what I mean?

"Oh believe me, I wanted to and I almost did, but the girl stopped me" I honestly thought I would've killed him. "Wait! Why would you say that? I thought you didn't want me to kill anybody."

"You can't, but I can cause I'm older. Plus he hurt my baby girl. I can't let it slide." I cannot believe it. Is he serious right now?

"Okay. What if they hurt you? Can I kill them then?" He looked at the ceiling in deep thought before looking back at me.

"No." He said simply. I groan as I slam my head on the counter. We always eat at the counter on weekends. I don't know. Something about the days being less formal. I just don't get my dad.

"You know, I'm not going to kill the counter." He says while concentrating on the paper.

I look up at him and roll my eyes. That's real funny dad.

I finish my breakfast, clean the dishes and go up to my room. As I enter, I realize that I don't have anything to do for the day.

I have no idea on what I'm going to do for the next 10 hours. I think and come up with nothing. I don't want to play video games. I feel an itch on my back and reach to scratch it. Then an idea hits me.