Deafening Silence

Authors note: This is the start of the new and edited parts of the story!! First few chapters stay relatively the same thats why I'm posting those now!! :)) but up until i think chapter 8 is where I change the plot! Enjoy!

Dipper stared longingly at his empty room, in the home that he and his twin sister Mabel have had for the past eighteen years. She had already packed everything and was off to a college that was on the other side of the country and Dipper? He....well he was going back to Gravity Falls because he had no idea what he wanted to do in life yet. He was thinking about becoming a detective at one point but he had changed his mind.

He just wanted a quiet life, no debt to pay off or any student loans. He wanted to save up enough money to buy a house and be content for the rest of his life. "Have everything?" His mother asked and he glanced over his shoulder at her. Mabel had most of their moms qualities while he took after his dad. "Yup. I think I'm gonna head out now. I have a long drive to Gravity Falls." She smiled and hugged him. "Don't be a stranger. You can come home anytime you'd like. I'll make the cookies you love if you call ahead of time." Dipper smiled and hugged his mother back. "Thanks, I love you. Tell dad that as well and I'll see you guys during Christmas." He walked out the door of his childhood home for the last time and got in his car. It was packed with all of his stuff, and a mattress that was attached on to the roof.

He started the engine and pulled out of the driveway.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_

Dipper was still driving through the night. It was about nine pm and he was about an hour away from the mystery shack but decided to find a spot and park his car. He was getting tired and he couldn't keep his eyes open for much longer. His phone buzzed as soon as he stopped the car.

Hey brobro what's up!? I just got everything settled in my dorm and my roommate is awesome! Here guess who it is! -Mabel

Dipper glanced down at the picture and gawked to see Pacifica smiling next to Mabel. Well that's new didn't think she'd go for an art college.

That's great mabes! At least you know somebody down there so you don't feel nervous! Tell her I said hi :) -Dipper

Dipper closed his phone and stared out of the window he was leaning against. It was pitch black out with no street lamps in sight. Huh. That's weird. He thought and pushed his key into the ignition and rolled down his window slightly. No wind. No sound actually..no summer crickets or bugs being noisy at night...His car wasn't even making any noise like it usually did. He's not even near Gravity Falls...and there's weird things going on.

He glanced away from the window and picked his phone up. His senses on high alert now. "Maybe I should watch a video to keep my mind off of the silence." He picked one of his favorites and started to watch. Glued to the screen a few minutes in he never noticed the slight shadow on the window that was in the shape of a triangle.